Friday, February 15, 2008

Raising a Genius

So you know how our pediatrician said tantrums were a sign of high intelligence? I thought I'd offer up some proof of our little Einstein! He wanted me to pick him up after lunch, but I was in the middle of unloading the dishwasher, and we can't always get what we want, right? Tough lesson for a 15-month-old to learn!


I took this the other morning - he was sliding off the couch, but the theme song to "Little Einsteins" came on and he loves it! I don't know if you can tell, but his feet are dangling in the air! He stayed like this for a good 3 minutes!
Our poor dogs don't get a lot of play on the blog, so I thought I'd share a picture of Jack. The boys are learning to become outside dogs a) because we have a great fenced-in backyard and b) because I'm so tired of swiffering 6 lbs of dog hair from our floors twice a day. Mac has adapted just fine; Jack, not so much. He actually fell asleep with as much of his body pressed against the door as was physically possible. He's learned how to open the doors, so we have to keep everything deadbolted, which is probably a good habit to get into anyway! If this baby is a boy, my home will be officially taken over by testosterone!

6 comments:

Jennie-Marie said...

That's awesome, and I love the dog plug. We have one on the verge of becoming one with the backyard. He has decided he is sick of the lack of attention so he started chewing things. (not his things, ours!!!)

Darby said...

Sarah, Where have I been... I didn't even know you had 2 dogs. Jack is cute... his tail looks like a wolf. What does Mac look like? I need more puppy posts! I love your little genius... I have a couple of those myself! :)

The Reeds said...

Are tantrums really a sign of intelligence? If so, I should be much smarter! Ford is adorable, even in the middle of a tantrum! I can't wait for the 80s prom! Please, can we do it for his 29th birthday? You'd look great in your 80s dress pregnant!

thebarronfam said...

So cute. I also swiffer tons of dog hair everyday, but we can't put Bella outside. She would be so sad. If William is a genius like Ford, it seems that I have a lot to look forward to!

Ashley said...

Hey-I recognize that little pitiful face from a poor little boy whose mean ol' mama won't pick them up! :) THAT IS HILARIOUS! I need to take some pictures of Sawyer's genius traits!!!
You're funny! love you!

Amber said...

Sarah- I love the pictures of your little genius. I have a feeling Caleb is getting "smarter" by the day because he can throw a fit or two himself.
My mom's boxer can open doors too! We didn't believe it at first, but we caught her in the act....so we have to deadbolt her in as well. Good Luck!