Monday, April 28, 2008
Posted by The Martin Family at 11:42 AM
Thursday, April 24, 2008
Posted by The Martin Family at 8:33 AM
Tuesday, April 22, 2008
Posted by The Martin Family at 1:16 PM
Thursday, April 17, 2008
I've been tagged! I've been secretly wishing for someone to tag me, so thanks, Jenny! I seldomly fill these things out over email, but this one didn't seem so bad and it's always good to have a little personal reflection!
What was I doing 10 years ago?
I’ve actually been thinking about this a lot lately since my high school reunion is coming up (where I will be 35 weeks pregnant…yes, I’ll be the fat one!) I was a super cool senior at OHS ready to graduate! I was really bummed because my dad had planned a family vacation to Hawaii (the nerve of him) and I was going to miss our senior trip to the beach. He claims it was an accident to schedule it at the same time - I’m thinking he was a genius dad who didn’t want his precious daughter to go unsupervised to the beach with 30 of her closest friends!! Probably a good thing - from what I remember hearing, it was quite the trip! April, maybe you can fill in the juicy details!!
5 Things on My To-Do List Today (really tomorrow since it's 9:30 at night and I really should be in bed):
1. Rejoin the Hot Mamas’ Walking Club - I’ve been in exile since Ford has been sick. Apparently, people don’t want their kids exposed to Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease!
2. Get caught up for Bible Study - I’m about 2 chapters behind and we meet Monday night. One of the chapters is on children, so it’s bound to be interesting!
3. Buy Kirkley’s birthday present
4. Swiffer my house. Hardwood floors + 2 shedding dogs = lots of hair
5. Meet my mom at Angel’s Antiques to find a headboard to refinish for Ford’s big boy room.
5 Snacks I Enjoy
1. BREWSTER’S!!!! This is truly one of my great loves. Chocolate Marshmellow in a waffle cone rocks my world. They don’t always have it, so I’ll settle for S’mores or Turtle.
2. Popcorn - especially from the movie theater
3. When I’m trying to be healthy (meaning, not pregnant), I really like the Cinnamon Raisin South Beach Bars.
4. frozen green grapes - makes me think of rush everytime I eat them
5. Ford and I have been “sharing” either a cinnamon sugar pretzel or a chocolate chip cookie with icing from the mall lately. And by sharing, I mean I give him one bite and then eat the rest as quickly as possible before he can ask for more! Yes, I'm an extremely selfless mother.
5 Things I Would do if I were a Billionaire
1. Give a lot away - to church, to cancer research, and to childrens’ charities
2. Save for the boys’ education
3. Invest, invest, invest - make my money work for me! I am mainly including this one so Joseph doesn’t give me a hard time about being frivolous.
4. Buy Debbie her chalet in the mountains
5. Find a good bit of land in Auburn and build our dream house!
5 Bad Habits
1. My family would tell you picking - I seriously considered being a dermatologist (even worked for one for a summer!) just so I could pick bumps all day. Disgusting, I know. But true.
2. Not doing my quiet time every day
3. Not drinking enough water - I used to be so good about this, but ever since I’ve been pregnant, I just can’t seem to force it down. And I guess drinking too many cokes for a pregnant lady would go along with this. I paid for this one dearly last night - I was wide awake until 3:30 because of the caffeine. And because a little guy was kicking my ribs all night!
4. Television - this is one I work really hard at preventing. If left up to me, I could sit on the couch and watch tv all day. Having a very active toddler prevents this most of the time, but I have to force myself to be productive during his nap. Joseph helps me with this one a lot, too. One year, we gave up “idleness” for Lent and didn’t allow any television. We exercised, played games, or just sat and talked out on the deck every night. Looking back, this is probably one of my favorite times of our marriage pre-children!
5. Blog Stalking - it just sucks you in and before you know it you’ve spent 2 hours on the computer with nothing to show for it. I know you all understand!
5 Places I Have Lived
1. 902 Morris Avenue, Opelika - my childhood home. My parents moved in Februay of 1980, and I was born in May. I lived there until I went to college. I loved that house. Joseph proposed in the backyard! My parents have since moved, and it was a sad, sad day for both me and Shealy!
2. 5 different dorm rooms on the Hill at Auburn - my parents love to remind me of all the different times they "got" to move me.
3. Birmingham for grad school. I was dying to be engaged, but I wouldn’t trade that time with the girls for anything!
4. After getting married: our apartment, our first house on Tullahoma, and the house we live in now
5. My parents’ current house in Opelika - we lived with them for 4 months while this house was being built. They are absolute saints, and so is my husband!
5 Jobs I’ve Had or Have
1. Gymnastics teacher in high school
2. Cart girl @ Grand National - got kissed square on the lips by a 60-year-old perv, but got a $30 tip, so I’m calling that even.
3. 1st and 2nd grade teacher
4. Part-time real-estate title insurer (current)
5. Full-time mommy to the best little guy on earth - a title soon to be shared with his brother!
I want to know more about (a nice way of saying “you’re tagged”):
4. Ashley Williams
5. Jennie - mainly so you'll replace the Easter post.
Posted by The Martin Family at 7:41 PM
Wednesday, April 16, 2008
I'm changing up the blog, but between doing my real job and taking care of a VERY busy 17-month-old, it's slow-going, people! So please bare with us!!
Posted by The Martin Family at 9:01 AM
Thursday, April 10, 2008
Posted by The Martin Family at 12:27 PM
Wednesday, April 2, 2008
My mom took Ford to get his picture made with a lamb and a bunny before Easter, and the proofs are hysterical! If you'd like to see them, click on the link below, go to images online, then to Martin, and the password is jern1152. The photographer is my dad's best friend since childhood, Charlie Jernigan, and he also took mine and Shealy's senior portraits. I should put those on here one day...I had some fierce bangs!
Ford's Easter Pics
Posted by The Martin Family at 12:28 PM
Tuesday, April 1, 2008
And this is what he did while his Mama was taking a shower this morning - he lined up all of Daddy's shoes, his paci, and a random poker chip that I have no idea where it came from! But it kept him occupied! I know his Aunt Lenzie is so proud of his strong organizational skills at such a young age!!
I know we've been missing from the blog world for a bit, but I've been finishing up a big calligraphy job for a May wedding! Company is coming to town on Thursday - Ashley, Abby, Lenzie and Knox are coming to Auburn for the night! We're so excited, and I know we'll get tons of cute pictures of the three kiddos so stay tuned! I'm very interested to see how Ford does around a baby - it'll give him a tiny glimpse of what's to come!
Posted by The Martin Family at 12:33 PM