Saturday, March 15, 2008

A Visit from the Outlaws...I mean In-Laws!


"I'm not so sure about these cousins!"
Whew! What a wonderful week we have had! Papa and Dede, Joseph's dad and stepmom, live in Seattle. We don't get to see them nearly as often as we'd like, but we make the most of our time together! Papa called about a month ago and said Dede had a conference in Orlando for a few days and they were thinking about making a trip out of it...as long as we could meet their heavy list of demands! So wireless internet and one new mattress for the guest room later, they were on their way! Dede had to be in Orlando Monday through Wednesday, and Joseph couldn't take any vacation days, so it was just me, Ford, and the Papa during the days. Now this might make some people uneasy to spend so much one-on-one time with their father-in-law, but Wade is not your typical father-in-law! We had a great time and I love that he got to spend so much quality time with Ford.

We somehow talked Jennie and Mark into coming down on Wednesday (conveniently picking Debbie up from the airport!) and it was nonstop after that! Six adults, 2 of them being pregnant, and three kids under three make for a little chaos! But we had the best time being together - it went by way too fast. My mom and Shealy kept the kids Thursday night (bless you both) and we had an amazing dinner at Warehouse Bistro in Opelika. Anytime we're all together, you know it's going to be fun. I've never known a family to enjoy each other as much as the Martins...I'm just so glad I'm one of them! Everyone left about 2 hours ago, and the calm has been restored, but I'd trade it anyday for a lot of noise and a messy house with my in-laws! You're all welcome back ANYTIME!
The new "middles" of the family
Parker made some masterpieces while he was here
Ice cream sandwiches on the front steps + a hot sun = a GIANT mess!
Mothers of the Year - Parker's sweeping, Ford's playing with a can of stain, and Maryn is carrying around a jar of spackle. We've got this mothering thing down, I tell you!
This little munchkin has her Papa wrapped around her little finger! She is such an angel!
And we're adding 2 more kiddos to the mix? What were we thinking?!? Five kids 3 and under is going to be quite an experience!

4 comments:

Shealy said...

2 more kids....no problem! It's going to be so much fun! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I am with Shealy...no problem. And you can have my help anytime with the kids. (Oh, I guess I didn't realize that with my help comes one more kid.) Five, smive...I know that you all can handle it! It looks like you all had a spectacular time!

The Rays said...

aw, what a sweet post. we had the best time as always. thanks to day light savings and auburn time the kids have both slept until 8 the past two days so we've caught up on much needed rest. parker and i were talking about what we were doing on wednesday this week and he said, "going to auburn!" we'll give you a while to get life back together before we descend again :)

DeLine Family said...

Such Fun! Sometimes life is much more fun when things are "a wreck!":-) And I was going to ask for a belly bump post, but it doesn't appear that you have one!! Lucky duck! You and Jenny are precious and wonderful mommies!