Thursday, April 17, 2008

Ready or not...

I've been tagged! I've been secretly wishing for someone to tag me, so thanks, Jenny! I seldomly fill these things out over email, but this one didn't seem so bad and it's always good to have a little personal reflection!

What was I doing 10 years ago?
I’ve actually been thinking about this a lot lately since my high school reunion is coming up (where I will be 35 weeks pregnant…yes, I’ll be the fat one!) I was a super cool senior at OHS ready to graduate! I was really bummed because my dad had planned a family vacation to Hawaii (the nerve of him) and I was going to miss our senior trip to the beach. He claims it was an accident to schedule it at the same time - I’m thinking he was a genius dad who didn’t want his precious daughter to go unsupervised to the beach with 30 of her closest friends!! Probably a good thing - from what I remember hearing, it was quite the trip! April, maybe you can fill in the juicy details!!

5 Things on My To-Do List Today (really tomorrow since it's 9:30 at night and I really should be in bed):
1. Rejoin the Hot Mamas’ Walking Club - I’ve been in exile since Ford has been sick. Apparently, people don’t want their kids exposed to Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease!
2. Get caught up for Bible Study - I’m about 2 chapters behind and we meet Monday night. One of the chapters is on children, so it’s bound to be interesting!
3. Buy Kirkley’s birthday present
4. Swiffer my house. Hardwood floors + 2 shedding dogs = lots of hair
5. Meet my mom at Angel’s Antiques to find a headboard to refinish for Ford’s big boy room.

5 Snacks I Enjoy
1. BREWSTER’S!!!! This is truly one of my great loves. Chocolate Marshmellow in a waffle cone rocks my world. They don’t always have it, so I’ll settle for S’mores or Turtle.
2. Popcorn - especially from the movie theater
3. When I’m trying to be healthy (meaning, not pregnant), I really like the Cinnamon Raisin South Beach Bars.
4. frozen green grapes - makes me think of rush everytime I eat them
5. Ford and I have been “sharing” either a cinnamon sugar pretzel or a chocolate chip cookie with icing from the mall lately. And by sharing, I mean I give him one bite and then eat the rest as quickly as possible before he can ask for more! Yes, I'm an extremely selfless mother.

5 Things I Would do if I were a Billionaire
1. Give a lot away - to church, to cancer research, and to childrens’ charities
2. Save for the boys’ education
3. Invest, invest, invest - make my money work for me! I am mainly including this one so Joseph doesn’t give me a hard time about being frivolous.
4. Buy Debbie her chalet in the mountains
5. Find a good bit of land in Auburn and build our dream house!

5 Bad Habits
1. My family would tell you picking - I seriously considered being a dermatologist (even worked for one for a summer!) just so I could pick bumps all day. Disgusting, I know. But true.
2. Not doing my quiet time every day
3. Not drinking enough water - I used to be so good about this, but ever since I’ve been pregnant, I just can’t seem to force it down. And I guess drinking too many cokes for a pregnant lady would go along with this. I paid for this one dearly last night - I was wide awake until 3:30 because of the caffeine. And because a little guy was kicking my ribs all night!
4. Television - this is one I work really hard at preventing. If left up to me, I could sit on the couch and watch tv all day. Having a very active toddler prevents this most of the time, but I have to force myself to be productive during his nap. Joseph helps me with this one a lot, too. One year, we gave up “idleness” for Lent and didn’t allow any television. We exercised, played games, or just sat and talked out on the deck every night. Looking back, this is probably one of my favorite times of our marriage pre-children!
5. Blog Stalking - it just sucks you in and before you know it you’ve spent 2 hours on the computer with nothing to show for it. I know you all understand!

5 Places I Have Lived
1. 902 Morris Avenue, Opelika - my childhood home. My parents moved in Februay of 1980, and I was born in May. I lived there until I went to college. I loved that house. Joseph proposed in the backyard! My parents have since moved, and it was a sad, sad day for both me and Shealy!
2. 5 different dorm rooms on the Hill at Auburn - my parents love to remind me of all the different times they "got" to move me.
3. Birmingham for grad school. I was dying to be engaged, but I wouldn’t trade that time with the girls for anything!
4. After getting married: our apartment, our first house on Tullahoma, and the house we live in now
5. My parents’ current house in Opelika - we lived with them for 4 months while this house was being built. They are absolute saints, and so is my husband!

5 Jobs I’ve Had or Have
1. Gymnastics teacher in high school
2. Cart girl @ Grand National - got kissed square on the lips by a 60-year-old perv, but got a $30 tip, so I’m calling that even.
3. 1st and 2nd grade teacher
4. Part-time real-estate title insurer (current)
5. Full-time mommy to the best little guy on earth - a title soon to be shared with his brother!

I want to know more about (a nice way of saying “you’re tagged”):
1. Sister
2. Lenzie
3. April
4. Ashley Williams
5. Jennie - mainly so you'll replace the Easter post.

9 comments:

The Reeds said...

PCB '98-- oh yeah! Sarah, remember my mom reads your blog?! Just kidding! I knew better than to get into trouble at the beach because I wanted to leave for Tuscaloosa in 3 months:) Remember the girls beach trip to Becca's condo? That was fun!! I remember walking on the beach talking about how we were really going to keep in touch and stay friends despite the AU/UA distance. Aww... we were successful!!
I will work on my "tag." This one seems less time-consuming than Laura's 100 things (no offense La!)

erinshelton said...

That was fun! Loved reading more about you! Miss you and I am sooo excited for the Martins and the upcoming arrival of Luke!!!! :) Lucy McLean and I are planning a trip for this summer. Let me know what your schedule looks like. We would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see you!

thebarronfam said...

I laughed so hard! That was great. The HMWC is glad to have you back!! Oh... and I forgot about the frozen grapes during rush. I may have to give that a try again.

Ashley said...

You crack me up! I do enjoy the fact that I could have written this for you. I did not know about the ice cream though. I'll get busy on my post! Thanks for the distinct honor!

Wilson's Winners said...

The new design looks fabulous!

The Muncies said...

I love the $30 tip story!

lindsay said...

frozen green grapes sound good!!

and FYI-- I can't force water down either since I got pregnant!! BUT Propel works and with only 25 calories, it makes me feel a little better about myself.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Wireless, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://wireless-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

yellowbritches said...

thought your comment about Debbie was really fabulous and touching. espically as I would get to enjoy it as well. about this brasil wireless comment. does this mean you're getting noticed by the international blogging community?