Wednesday, September 17, 2008

current faves

In no particular order...

1. Babytrend double jogging stroller - this makes me want to go walking in the mornings! I LOVE it and highly recommend it! Luke has been in it since he was about 3 weeks old, I just put a rolled blanket around his head for a little extra support. I don't use it as my everyday stroller because it's quite large in the back of my car, but it's a must if you plan to lose that baby weight by walking or running with the kiddos!
2. Fiberone Oats & Chocolate Bars - my perfect snack! I'm hungry ALL the time due to nursing, and these are almost as good as a Snickers...almost:)



3. Babywise - I know this book is controversial, but I tell you what, it has saved my sanity! We used it with Ford from the beginning, but with Luke's early entry into the world I kept putting it off. I started my version of baby boot camp this week and it's been fabulous! He's taking 2 2-hour naps and 1 1-hour nap consistently everyday like clockwork! He's still waking up once in the night, but he's not at 12 pounds yet and Jennie tells me that's the magic number. Since she's the best (and most experienced) mom I know, I tend to take her word on just about everything!
4. Peanut Shell Sling - a must for for #2. I can get so much done - be it laundry, dishes, or playing outside with Ford - while Luke just chills in the sling. We take a walk around the neighborhood most afternoons while waiting for Joseph to get home from work and I use this to keep my hands free to grab Ford as he attempts to dart off the sidewalk every chance he gets!
I would like to point out that while that is my sling, that is neither me nor my child {I think my baby's cuter than that one - but I'm slightly biased}
5. Epidurals - have I mentioned there wasn't time for one of these with Luke? Man, oh man, it was not a pretty sight. I screamed just like the crazy women on tv do. And he was only 5-3!
6. Facebook - my latest addiction! As if I needed something else to fill up my time!
7. These little guys - 2 of my 3 most favorite people ever! Ford is loving school, loving his choo choos, and loving his little brother! And Luke just gets bigger by the minute! He's really long! He's in 3-6 month clothes now and some are already short in the stride and he's only 11 weeks old! Some days may be crazy around here, but I wouldn't trade a single second of it!

13 comments:

Wilson's Winners said...

Very cute photos!!! I used Babywise with Stirling and it was great - liked it so much I bought the proceeding book in the series but yet to have time to read it. Maybe for round #2! Hope to see ya'll soon!

Weatherly said...

Your boys are darling! Love your favorite things list!

thebarronfam said...

What cutie pies! I miss walking with you. Let's try to start it again soon.

The Dyer Family said...

i'm glad to hear good things about the peanut shell - that is on my wish list for this baby! looks like things are going well for y'all. :):) and i'm going to add you on facebook!

The Reeds said...

I was so excited to see your update on Google Reader! Mike finished Babywise while we were at the beach... I probably need to start it:)
I love the pictures of your two cuties!! And you and Luke would have made great models for the sling!

The Nebrigs said...

No time for an epidural? WHAT!!! Girl, you are a hero!!! You may need to explain to me why there was no time b/c I'm sitting here 30 weeks and thinking how in the world would I do it with out one? I am a big sissy!!!

The Rouse Family said...

precious photos... :)

The Rays said...

aw... i miss you guys!! love ford in his jersey. we'll have to get a picture of him, parker, and maryn in their auburn clothes! amen to the sling and soo glad you are now addicted to facebook. give my favorite nephews a kiss!!

lindsay said...

I do love those Fiber One bars--- and those little boys!

Carrie Friday said...

Oh I love Babywise!!! It saved my life when Ansleigh was so colicky!

The boys are PRECIOUS!

yellowbritches said...

Looks like Ford's reading the paper in the last pic. maybe you could get something like that to get Joseph to read. all should know that this is Joseph's birthday. happy birthday to my grandson's father!

yellowbritches said...

oops that should be grandsons'

Ashley said...

That post is too funny b/c I would totally have ALL of those favorite things-except the swing-which I'm going to Google right now and purchase asap. I Love your little Tigers! I LOVE the jersey on Ford. I debated buying one for Sawyer today while we were at Hibbett's, but I didn't do it! Ford's pic makes me want to rethink that decision!!!
HAVE I TOLD YOU HOW JEALOUS I AM OF AL & WES WHO GET TO COME STAY WITH YOU THIS WEEKEND?!?!? I WANT TO COME SOOOOOOOOOOOOO BADLY!!!!!
Y'all have so much fun and enjoy the game! Happy Birthday to Joseph!!! Love you!