Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Excuses, Excuses

Long time, no post, huh? I figured when I started getting anonymous comments telling me it was time for an update, I'd better get on it! Instead of telling you why I've been too busy to blog, I thought I'd show you...

Decorating a tree THREE times after it fell twice, right where that little lamb is laying on his playmat...praise the Lord he wasn't there either time...


Celebrating an early Christmas since Bug and Clayton spent the real day in Birmingham...



Putting together a train table and then playing "choo-choos" for approximately 473 hours since December 25th...



Potty training boot camp for this rascal roo - the longest 3 days of my life but 1000% worth it...



Not paying enough attention to the Lukester during the aforementioned 3 days...



Then making it up to him by kissing on these irresistable cheeks for days on end and getting some giggles...



Moving to a big boy bed...



And having the bed head to prove it...



Everyone but LAM getting the stomach bug...



Chillin' with this guy...


And discussing foreign policy and health care reform with this one...
Feeding my baby lots, I mean LOTS of baby food...the child can eat...


Hosting a baby shower for my sweet sister and soon-to-be niece (only 8 more weeks!)...



And loving on my 3 favorite men...



Life doesn't get much better than that! Throw in Thanksgiving in the ATL with 21 people under 1 roof, my dad's, sister's, and mom's birthdays, Callaway with Lenzie and Clay, a long weekend in Charlotte with the Rays, WORK, a few Auburn basketball games (Ford loves the band, the popcorn, and the Sprite), Luke's 6-month doctor's appointment (17 lbs and 28 inches - long and lean like his daddy) and the general craziness of life with 2 precious boys and the most rockin' husband ever, and that's my excuse for the lack of blogging! I vow to try to do better! As Ford would say, "Peace out, guys!"

18 comments:

Darby said...

welcome back say, i've missed you! the boys are so precious!! don't wait so long next time!

Tara said...

Glad you're back! We've missed you! :)

Wilson's Winners said...

Girl - our tree fell at 4 a.m. one morning and ALL of my most fave ornaments broke. I was so upset. THEN {as you well know} we contracted that HORRIBLE bug. NO fun! Glad you're back to bloggie world.

Shealy said...

absolutely love the post!! i am overjoyed that you are back. thank you again for hosting the most amazing baby shower in recorded history! i love you so much!

The Muncies said...

I was going to say something...but you have had a FEW things going on!!! That is a GREAT update!

Stacy and John said...

im worn out just from reading! whew!

The Rays said...

I was SOOOO excited to see your name highlighted on reader!! What amazing pictures. My precious boys. You have definitely been busy. Give them kisses from their aunt jennie.

Anonymous said...

Love this post! I hope you guys will get to meet us at the park soon!

The Galimore Family said...

You sure have been busy! I was glad to see a new update though. Hudson and Barrett had fun playing tonight:)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting! I love looking at those pictures!

yellowbritches said...

those are some great pics! particularly liked the one of Joseph and Ford on the ladder. also Luke's pics. really getting bigger and lots of personality. cannot wait for 2 weeks to pass by. now if we can get the Ray's to stop lolly-gaggin, maybe we'll get an update as well

Ashley said...

well, we'll forgive you! BUT I sure have missed seeing pictures of those little guys! thanks for the recap! I'm going to have to call and get the full scoop on the potty training business! Those boys sure are precious!!!!

Granny said...

Your pics pretty much sum up what the past 3 months have been. The most amazing thing was potty boot camp. I never would have thought that 3 days, amazing!!!!!!!! All you girls need to do this, no major diapers in 3 days. You go, Say & Jo. As the "Granny"(today/ aka Nanny), you two are great parents. Love you much! Post again, soon.

Granny said...

Forgot to say, love the "Thomas potty pants" you go - Santa

erinshelton said...

I have missed you! Welcome back!!!

The Rouse Family said...

Great update chick! Loved it

Allyson said...

Hey! I'm glad to see your updates. As you know, I've been without a computer and am glad to get to see pics of your beautiful family tonight! My phone lost you while I was in the back of Walmart today. Hope you found what you were looking for!

wadebbie said...

Holy cow, not up to much these days, huh? It's not about to slow down either, as Papa and Dede are on their way to town - look out!!!
Seeing these pics makes us miss you even more. Cannot wait to give big hugs all around tomorrow - YAY!