Thursday, July 30, 2009

Fordisms and a Mom Tip of the Day


While we were playing dinosaurs and I was the damsel in distress:
Me: "Oh, you are such a scary dinosaur!"
Ford: "No, Mommy, I'm not a scary dinosaur; I'm just a handsome boy!"
While driving by the new CVS:
"Look, Mommy, there's QVC!"
While eating lunch the other day:
Ford: "Mommy, I'm so sad."
Me: "What's the matter, punks?"
Ford: "I didn't get to sing Happy Birthday to Emma."
He then proceeds to lay his head down on the table for a few seconds while I try to call Jennie so he can sing to Emma (whose birthday was 2 weeks ago). She could not be reached. He picks his little head up and says, "I think a popsicle would make me feel happy!"
The boy knows how to work it.
And I love it.
A few Mom Tips for you:
Tip: Have all supplies ready before bath begins.
No matter how fast you can get pajamas out of a drawer from a room that is attached to the bathroom, your 1-year-old will be faster and will make it from the hallway, where he just got lotioned, diapered, and pajamed, to the tub and will end up face first back in the tub with his brother who will give you no warning that this is occuring.
Tip: Don't put your baby's crib next to a light switch.
For some reason, they don't sleep when the light is on. Who would have thought? The crib was just moved the crib by the light switch because said baby pulled the curtain holder out of the wall in the crib's first position. Crib will now reside in the middle of the room. I'm thinking that's not going to stop this guy from wreaking havoc on something else; I've just got to stay one step ahead of him...
Any tips?

8 comments:

The Rays said...

oh, sarah. sounds like you are going to have your hands full with luke! he and emma are going to get into serious trouble.

if i had known ford was going to sing to her then i would have surely been available!!

give those sweet boys kisses from me!

Ashley said...

Hilarious!
Sawyer has mentioned his tummy hurting more than once and that a popsicle would make it better! :) TOO FUNNY & the "handsome boy" comment...I'll say, "you're a mess...he'll say no, I'm a big boy." That's his reply to everything..he's a big boy. I guess Ford is a "handsome boy," huh?? Wonder where he's heard that??! Oh, Luke's a mess! So, he had his pjs on already? TOO FUNNY!
I want to SQUEEZE them both! (and their mama!)

Shealy said...

all i can say is wow. gotta love those boys! and we certainly don't need to underestimate lukester...he may seem laid back, but i think he has us all fooled. love them and you!

Ashleigh said...

I actually keep the girls pjs in a cabinet in my bathroom (where I bathe them). Mom thinks I'm looney but it sure is convenient (oh! and they are unsorted so we wear mismatched pj sets every night). With 3 many things that used to seem important have to go :)

yellowbritches said...

if Ford knows how to work it now, can you imagine how he's going to be as he gets older????? and that Luke, oh Sarah, with two boys, no make that three....you have your hands full!

Granny said...

You can put a top on the crib like you Aunt Lyn did for her boys. We were interested to see what his personality was going to be like, well watch out sister. I wish you would post Fordisms everyday, they so make me smile. Love you all.

Whitney said...

Your boys are precious, Sarah! I love your cute stories.

Ashley Durham said...

Ford makes me laugh!!! I'm thinking a popsicle will always do the trick! Love y'all!