Tuesday, February 8, 2011

::winter blues::

::the martin boys are READY for spring!::
it CANNOT come soon enough.


after a week of the stomach bug, an eye infection and general unruliness from being cooped up for TOO long,
we are totally over winter and ready to move on!


we've been bundling up every afternoon and trying to release some of this crazy boy energy...and we've turned duncan's room into an obstacle course! joseph put the twin mattress on the floor, so they jump from the box springs to the mattress, do a spin or two and then jump to the floor. even duncan gets in on the action by climbing on the mattress and letting the big boys bounce him...all 3 belly laugh and it might be the sweetest sound i've ever heard!

::this is what i've resorted to at lunch time every day...major bottle propping!::
this baby refuses to hold his own bottle and i'm more than happy to humor him in the morning and at night, it's about the only time he actually lets me cuddle with him. but mama needs both hands at lunch,
which seems to be the craziest time at our house.
so tupperware and a towel are put to good use!

::he's getting too big too fast...he'll be ONE next month!::
where did my squishy little baby go?
{this is what happens when daddy gets bored...
he ties his children's arms behind their backs just for fun!}
::the big guy has turned into a total word nerd!::
he LOVES trying to sound out words and is constantly telling us what words start and end with, almost rain manish! we were driving home from laredo last
night and joseph had to request silence for a minute just so we could have a break!
i always knew that 9oth percentile head was holding a big old brain!

my luke has been a late bloomer in the talking department, but he's really starting to take off! he calls chick-fil-a the "fry store" and would take salty over sweet any day of the week.
he's still a wild man and isn't overly fond of his baby brother,
but he thinks his big brother is about the coolest thing around.
so cool that he wants to wake him up at 5:45 every morning to play by turning ford's light on...not exactly an ideal wake-up call and has made for a few grouchy mornings!


and this lovely contraption is what i get to sleep in every night for my...BUNION!
can you believe it? my first running injury is a bunion.
i feel like a grandma, and not a cool grandma like my mom who can rock some skinny jeans and boots with the best of 'em, but an afghan-wearing, sweater-knitting maw-maw.
so now i have new running shoes with a "bunion window" that look a bit orthodic, a bunion shield to wear when i run, and the beauty pictured above. i got it in the foot care section of target, and it claims to be "podiatrist recommended", so we'll see if it works. total hotness, i know:)

7 comments:

John and Brooke said...

Girl I got a bunion my first year teaching and I feel your pain...they are NO fun!!! Mine flares up every now and then...but it is on the other side of my foot, so they call it a bunionette...feminine right? At least your toes are pretty and painted :) Have a fun sister weekend!!!!

yellowbritches said...

looks like Joseph is the one who needs to go outside. have to admit that it's awfully original. cannot wait to hear some Lukeisms. and glad to see such excellent toe painting. thanks for the post. always great to see pics and your creative comments!

The Cooks said...

Ha, bunions are terrible - I had bunion surgery 2 weeks after I turned 21. Talk about feeling like a grandma -- I had to walk around in a boot and drive with a handicap tag for like 2 months. I just inherited my terrible feet -- at least yours is from a good cause! Your boys are precious!

The Reeds said...

I can't believe I talked to you while you were writing this blog, and we didn't discuss the bunion or Luke's verbal explosion! I still can't get over how much he looks like you!!
Your boys are gorgeous, and I can't wait to finish our chat!

The Muncies said...

hello! a runner about to do a HALF-MARATHON! Before her baby turns ONE! You rock -- can't wait to hear about it!

Tara said...

Love the update...your boys are absolute dolls! Can you say that about boys? All I know is girls, so I'm assuming it's not offensive! :) You know what I mean though, right?!

Ashley Thames said...

Your posts out a smile on my face! Ever think about taking up a writing career??