Wednesday, March 16, 2011

{stuck}

::i broke a pretty big parenting rule the other day.::
i handed my baby to a stranger.
a perfectly nice stranger, but a stranger.
we were at the chick-fil-a playground and my middle man
would not come down.
not with bribes, not with threats, nothing.
ford tried holding his hand down the slide,
then with my permission pushing him down...
nothing.
so i turned to a nice-looking lady and said,
"i know you don't know me, but will you please hold my baby?"
{who had a diiiiirty diaper and smelled like spit-up}
and i shimmied up the playset and retrieved my rascal of a son.
those things are not made for people in their 30s.
people didn't know they were getting lunch AND a show!
i'm sure we were quite a sight.
we won't be going back any time soon!

5 comments:

lindsay said...

If it makes you feel any better, I left Rett (1month) sitting in his carrier on the table (in the play area) while I climbed the monster of a jungle gym to go get Cohen. All the while sweating and cursing under my breath. not my finest... love ya'll

yellowbritches said...

what a pistol. would have loved watching Ford trying to help. got Ford's letter by the way. was most impressed and appreciative

The Rays said...

at least you weren't pregnant?!

John and Brooke said...

on monday at mcwane Will was in the kids monster play area and I couldn't even see where he was....all I heard was his precious voice calling "MoMMY??? MOMMY???!!!" He was upset and couldn't find his way out so at 6.5 months pregnant, there I went....up a few tunnels, over some net stuff that I was for sure wasn't going to hold me, down a tunnel slide to a whole other part where I finally found my baby sitting on a step and when he saw me struggling, just started giggling and said "Mommy silly." The worst part was that when I finally found him, he wasn't really that far from the "out" at all.....

Jennifer Simpson said...

Oh, this makes me laugh...with sympathy of course! Poor Mommy. :)