Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Paying to Run


The patient, Ford, and the runner

Long time, no post! Things have been a little busy around here! My dad's surgery went very well on Friday - he ended up having two hernias, so the recovery process has been a bit slower than he would have liked. He went back to work yesterday, but basically sat in a recliner all day and watched SportsCenter. So all in all, it was a great day!

We didn't go to the Auburn game since it was so early, but we had a bunch of people over to grill out and watch the Florida/LSU game that night. It got me and Joseph really excited about our new house because we love to entertain and it will be great when we have our own home to do it. Our contractor tells us we'll be in by Christmas, but if we move by the end of January, I'll be satisfied. There doesn't seem to be too much work going on the past couple of times I've driven by, so we'll see!

I had to keep 2-year-olds in church on Sunday. They were PRECIOUS! I've always been in the toddler room, and it's one of those things that I really had to gear myself up to do because it was always slightly controlled chaos. But those 2-year-olds were so much fun! My mom has been a Sunday School teacher for this age for 25 years, and now I can see why. I can't picture Ford that big - but I know it will be here before we can blink!

Joseph had the day off on Monday (thank you Christopher Columbus!) so we had an extra day to spend together. We ran errands and hung out and TRAINED FOR A MARATHON!!! Well, one of us did anyway. Anyone who knows me well knows I am NOT a runner! But Joseph has decided to get back into it so he's starting with a 5K on November 10th. We've been going to a neighborhood in Auburn 4 nights a week and Joseph runs while Ford and I stroll far, far behind him! I'm really proud of his dedication to this. And it gets us out of the house at night, which is great because I felt like we were falling into a bit of a rut. We're used to having projects around the house, but since living with my parents, we basically just sit around watching tv or visiting with them. Which is great, but not every night. Ford and I used to go walking every day, but it had just gotten so hot that I didn't want to get him out in it. I remember last year being so thankful that it was still warm in October because I didn't have to buy any winter maternity clothes! I went into the hospital in shorts and a t-shirt, and the day we brought him home it was winter! FREEZING!

Anyway, the whole point of this rambling post is Joseph is now paying to run! I think his first race is for the Forest Ecology Preserve - we're all about some preservation! I'm also into preserving the budget, so hopefully Joseph won't mind paying for his entry fee with a bag of change!

4 comments:

erinshelton said...

I love to be able to catch up/stalk you through your blog. Thank you for all of the updates. I can't wait to hopefully see you in November. YAY!

Darby said...

That "paying to run" business will really make you want to cuss! I guess as long as it's for a good cause (Forest Preservation) it doesn't hurt as bad! Ha ha! Maybe if he shows up at every race with a bag of change, they'll tell him not to worry about the entry fee!!

Anonymous said...

You know, I would love to "sponsor" Joseph but I, too, would just hand him our bag of change and then I would have to go without groceries for a couple of days! So, if I find some pennies laying around I will start a collection for him..."one for the Lane's, one for Joseph", and so on.

yellowbritches said...

Boston Marathon, here he comes! Glad to learn that Crawdaddy is fine. But any comment as to how Katie weathered the recovery?