Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Hunger Strike '07





Anyone that has talked to me in the past couple of weeks knows that I've been one frustrated mommy! I can't remember exactly when it started, but for the past 3 or so weeks, Ford has been on a hunger strike! That child would not eat ANYTHING with nutritional value. Graham crackers? Good. Cheerios? Good. Any meat, vegetable, or fruit? NOPE!! His old favorites, like pears, cheese, turkey dogs, chicken nuggets - he wouldn't have anything to do with them! I don't know exactly what he was striking for - better toys? less room time? a trip to Disney World? Whatever it was, his demands have been met, because I'm proud to say the boy is eating again! All it took was a little ground turkey with spaghetti sauce (no noodles - he's NOT a fan of pasta) and we have an eater once again! I tell you what, this little boy had me STRESSED! My laid back husband kept saying, "He'll eat when he's hungry, don't worry about it" and about a million other annoying phrases along these lines that I knew were right, but it is a mother's job to feed her child and he was going to eat that grilled cheese sandwich if I had to force it down his throat! I guess this is our first hurdle in learning that Ford is his own person and we can't always "make" him do everything we want. Looking back, his loss of appetite was probably due to his ear infection, so maybe I'll be a little more relaxed the next time this happens and watch his ears!!!
Joseph's first race was this past Saturday, and he got 2nd in his age group and 15th overall out of more than 100 runners! He also beat the time he was going for by 2 minutes! Yay Joseph! He is totally addicted now, so we really might have to start that Runner's Fund for entry fees! He's going to do a 10K in December for Toys for Tots, so at least it's for a really good cause. Ford and I are so proud of him!

4 comments:

DeLine Family said...

Congrats to Joseph!! I'm actually waiting on the day when Hudson decides to stop eating his favorites & totally throw us off too! Glad he's eating again!! And it's so much more fun when you get to eat naked!

The Rays said...

I love the picture of Joseph and Ford waving at the camera. How did you pull that one off? Can't wait to see how much Ford weighs at his appointment. When he gets to the third percentile then we'll worry!

yellowbritches said...

those are great pics. looks like Ford's got a bit of fiestiness to him as it looks like he might be saying "and wait a bit for my next trick!"

Also a great one of father and son. next thing you know they'll be off running together. or better yet get Joseph one of those strollers for runners. that should get him into shape!

Anonymous said...

t's such a important site. fanciful, very stimulating!!!

-------

Opony
Pozycjonowanie

opony