Thursday, November 8, 2007

Happy Birthday to Ford!


So I know his birthday was almost a week ago, but this is my first day back at work and the first opportunity I've had to blog about it! My parents have this really awesome thing call dial-up, so it takes FOREVER to upload pictures and my patience has dwindled for all things time-consuming since I became a parent. I had planned to do this big post entitled "A Year in Pictures", but maybe I'll wait until it's "Two Years in Pictures".

This look basically sums up his entire birthday!
Ford's 1st birthday was not exactly the picture perfect day I had imagined. He got some sort of stomach bug on Tuesday, we went to the doctor on Wednesday and he had an ear infection and the croup, I got the stomach bug on Thursday, and we were both still feeling pretty puny on Friday, his actual birthday.

My wonderful sister-in-law Jennie risked illness and she, Parker, and Maryn drove their rental car down from Charlotte on Saturday. A rental car, you ask? Yes, a rental car, because their car CAUGHT ON FIRE on Thursday night! Absolute insanity!! But that's how much she loves her nephew - she didn't let a little thing like a CAR FIRE keep her from coming for his first birthday!

Parker loved throwing rocks into the lake with "Grownie" (rhymes with "brownie"), what he called my mom all weekend! I think my mom would have kept Parker here if Jennie would have let her!

We had a small party on Sunday night, and Ford loved all his presents. We're both feeling so much better, and I still can't get over the fact that I have a one-year-old! Joseph and I can't believe how fast this year has flown by. Every new stage is our favorite, and I know I'm a bit biased, but I really do think Ford gets more adorable every day!


He wasn't a fan of the cake, but he sure did like the balloons! Don't be fooled by that icing on his face - it was put there by me. Not a single bit went into his mouth! And he didn't like it on his hands either!

Ford Loves Aunt Bug - and the dump truck she gave him!
1st Birthday Stats: He weighed 19 lbs 8 ozs (little squirt) when we went to the doctor on Wednesday, but his real appointment had to be changed so she could recheck his ears in a few weeks. He has 3 top teeth (the middle 2 are HUGE - it cracks me up) and 2 bottom teeth. He can say 'hey' and 'go go go', and he's been saying 'mama' and 'dada' for a while. He loves his daddy - he gets so excited when Joseph gets home every day. He can walk holding on to one hand, but we're not really encouraging it until we get moved in to our new house! Now that he's feeling better, he's the most fun little guy ever! He laughs all the time, is pretty obedient (except about throwing food on the floor for the dogs - we're still working on that one), and would stay outside all day long if I'd let him.

Thanks to everyone for all your support this past year! All of your prayers were definitely felt! Please continue to pray for Ford as well as for Joseph and me as we walk down this crazy path called parenthood that we look to Jesus for the guidance, for the patience, and for the grace necessary to raise a child to know Him in such a mixed-up world. We love all of you!

11 comments:

erika said...

precious photos! happy belated bday ford! you are PRECIOUS!
say, your sister in law sounds like wonder-woman! you are so blessed, and you know it! :)
xoxo
ez

thebarronfam said...

William wanted to wish Ford a "Happy Birthday!" He can't wait to play with Ford soon.

Jennie-Marie said...

Happy Late Birthday Ford!! He is adorable even when he's not feeling so good. I'm glad you are both feeling better!!

lindsay said...

YAY Ford! I can't believe he's a year old either and I haven't even seen him in person. How sad does THAT make me feel.

But not to be Debbie downer... he's the best and I hope there are many wonderful, fun filled years to come!

Anonymous said...

Wow! It is amazing to see him grow! I can't wait until Knox and him can spend time together. I am sure Ford will be running around and Knox will just be starring at him wanting to be just like him! Thanks for sharing his birthday with us.

DeLine Family said...

I just can't believe it! Ford is ONE...that means Hudson is not far away. And you won't get over this...I just picked up Hudson's invitations & guess what...brown & blue!!! We are having an all out brown & blue party too! Hopefully the two will get to play very soon...Hudson will be excited to see a boy his size...all of his "friends" are girls!

John and Brooke said...

Happy 1st Birthday, Ford!!! He is so precious. My nephew was the same way with the cake...he hated having the icing on his fingers! Makes for good pictures though. Love the new look to the blog!

em and her boys said...

Congrats to you for being parents for a year! And a happy belated birthday to Ford! He's precious and has a great little disposition to go with his adorableness!!! I agree that every stage is the best - it just gets better and better!

Take care-
em

Ashley Collins said...

Looks like a great birthday after all! I'm so glad everyone is feeling better. I can't wait to see him again in a few weeks. Abby loves to look at his pictures...(I think she likes him)!!!

Dede said...

Happy Birthday Ford - you are so precious to Papa & Dede!! Sarah, loved the picture of you, Ford, Jennie and Maryn. It's my new screen saver!

Ashley said...

Y'all are all so cute! What a lucky little boy Ford is to have such a fantastic family! So glad to see the pictures! :)