Wednesday, November 28, 2007

A Thanksgiving Post for Papa and Dede

Sorry this post is so delayed...I've been crazy busy finishing up a calligraphy job and making our Christmas cards! We spent Thanksgiving in Charlotte with the Rays, and then we went to Atlanta on Friday to spend some time with all of Joseph's Dad's family, minus his dad and Debbie:(...Papa and Dede, I'm posting lots of pictures for you so you can feel like you were there with us! Katie, if you have any pictures from Atlanta, please send them my way! Thanks!

Ford all alone at the Thanksgiving table...where's the turkey, guys??


Clean cousins!

Ford and Maryn really played together for the first time. It's so funny to already see their personalities coming out! Maryn is definitely going to be the boss!


This picture looks so sweet, but I think Maryn was actually trying to rip the bottle from his mouth! Speaking of bottles, they are no more in the Martin home! And it was so much easier than I thought it would be!


Cooks in the Kitchen...I wish I'd gotten a better picture of the 3 girls cooking - Jennie and Mark invited their friends Shawn and Andrea to share in our Thanksgiving feast and we had a great time! Andrea is one of the sweetest, funniest people I know, and she has the best accent! Joseph tried to read all the road signs in her voice on the way home and it didn't sound nearly as cute coming from him. At one point, I called Jennie (who was following us to Atlanta) and asked if I could please switch places with Mark so I wouldn't have to listen to it anymore! That pretty much stopped the accent!
And brought to you by request from Darby Stickler...the little pup in the corner is Max the War Eagle Beagle! He's not on Jennie's "Favorite Things" list right now due to his obsession with food and the lengths he'll go to get it, but he's the 2nd cuddliest dog I know (right behind his cousin Mac). Max, I hope you enjoy your blog debut!

We had Christmas while we were there and it was great! Ford got some fun books and puzzles, Parker got a Thomas train wash that he played with for 10 hours in one day, and Maryn got a baby stroller and a Cabbage Patch Kid (inspired by Paige and Carol...thanks Darby!)!!


Hours of entertainment...Parker got major air jumping onto the beanbag! The babies would try to get on the beanbag and he would get so annoyed!


Ford loved pushing around the popper. He has a push toy at home, but we only have tile and I think he really liked being on the carpet!
And a quick update on our lives...we are scheduled to close on our house December 14th! Praise the sweet Lord! Joseph claims the first thing we're moving in is the Christmas tree...we'll see about that! I'm thinking more along the lines of furniture and the millions of boxes that have been in my parents' basement for 4 1/2 months! Also, we took Ford to the doctor yesterday for his 1-year shots and check-up, and his weight has dropped pretty drastically, from the 50% percentile to the 10%. Our doctor wants him to come back in a few weeks for a weight check to make sure he's gaining. It's not a big deal yet, but we'd appreciate a few prayers for Ford to eat! A boy cannot survive on graham crackers and yogurt alone! He actually ate a good bit of turkey potpie last night, so that gave me a little more peace of mind about it.
I hope you all had a terrific Thanksgiving! I am so thankful for such wonderful friends and family the Lord has blessed us with!

9 comments:

Darby said...

Sarah!

So glad Paige and Carol were an inspiration!! Cute shoes in the kitchen and cute Beagle... you left him/her out of your post! I'll say a prayer for Ford to eat up. I'm sure it's stressful! Does he drink whole milk yet? Have you tried adding that Carnation Instant Breakfast to his milk? It comes in vanilla, strawberry and choc and is full of good vitamins ad nutrional calories!? It may make him want to slurp it down! Anyway, keep us posted! Hope he starts to eat you out of house and home!

The Martin Family said...

Great suggestions, D! Thanks! I'm praying for your stomach to settle, little mommy!

Darby said...

TJMaxx... they were $24.99. I got them a couple weeks ago... good luck!

yellowbritches said...

Thanks so much for the pics. Although makes me miss em more, but will take what I can get. The one of Ford by himself at the table was fanatastic. Cannot wait to see pics of him (and y'all) at the new house. Have to agree w/Joseph about the tree being the first thing in the house. Now we need a Santa list for you!

John and Brooke said...

Maybe John and I need to come and play with him more often. He ate like a horse when we were there...then again half of his peanut butter and jelly ended up on the floor and on him!! Maybe that is why Mac liked me so much :)I can't wait to see the new house!!

The Reeds said...

I love the Thanksgiving pics! I wish I could have seen you, but we'll make it happen over Christmas! Mike used to drink Strawberry Boost Plus-- it has lots of calories, and he liked it. I can't say I've ever needed to gain weight, but I've helped Mike put on some pounds:) Ford is adorable, regardless of those crazy numbers. I can't wait to see the house and all 3 of you soon!

Dede said...

Thank you, thank you! You are the absolute most thoughtful, best daughter-in-law in the world!
It was hard not being there with everyone - but seeing these pictures and reading your post put a big smile on our faces! "Clean cousins" made me giggle - how cute can these children get??

DeLine Family said...

Glad to see what a wonderful Thanksgiving you guys had! Too bad we missed you...hopefully we can see you over the holidays in your new hizzie!!! I'll be praying for the little man...a friend of mine gives her son Pedisure when he won't eat, maybe that could work?!?

DeLine Family said...

oh, yea...and move the tree in first! how much fun!