Monday, December 31, 2007

Tales of a Misspent Youth



This is the sight Joseph and I woke to the day after Christmas! A brand new shiny Volvo in the lot they just cleared next to us! Come to find out, it belongs to some kid who got it for Christmas and was taking it out for a joy ride Christmas night and somehow ended up in a mess! The kid and his dad came to clear his stuff out that day, and I swear the boy didn't look older than 12...what is he doing in a brand-new Volvo that he obviously doesn't know how to treat with respect??? He told our contractor he was trying to turn around...I'm not buying it, considering we live in a circle! And instead of knocking on our door or the house next to the lot, he somehow managed to climb a 10-foot fence, walk across a huge field, avoid 6 BIG dogs, and knock on the door of the house far behind us. Hmmmmm....
Thanks Becca for the Christmas pajamas!!
We hope you all had a very Merry Christmas! This was about as good of a picture as I got...which isn't really saying much! Ford got lots of fun toys, books, and puzzles, which has made his mommy very happy to have new things to occupy him! I've moved my office to our house, so I'm interested to see how we manage once the holidays are over.
Ford is officially walking as of two weeks ago, but he's a very reluctant walker. He'll only do it if you set him down and not give him a choice! That kid would much rather crawl everywhere, which has inspired me to keep the house clean since the knees on all of his pants are looking a little rough!
We've had some hard days in the Martin home. Nothing major, but Ford has just been incredibly fussy, has been up at night coughing, and his eating has not gotten any better. We went to the doctor this morning, and he has a double ear infection and she was really concerned about his weight. He's only gained 2 ozs since his birthday 2 months ago. Every meal is a battle with us. Ford just screams when we feed him, and really the only things he'll eat with any consistency are yogurt and cereal bars. If he feeds himself, he'll put the food in his mouth, chew for a little bit, and then spit it out without swallowing. I think we both dread lunch and dinner time. Dr. Young prescribed him Zantac this morning, thinking maybe he has reflux or heartburn. I am PRAYING this is the answer. She said we probably won't be able to tell a difference for a couple of weeks, so I'll keep you posted! Please say a prayer for us if you think about it!

5 comments:

The Reeds said...

Those pajamas are adorable! I'll be praying for Ford to EAT... and for you and Joseph too.
I'm speechless about the Volvo. My dad would have taken away my car and bought me a bike if I did that. My bush incident was nothing compared to that, right? haha!

Anonymous said...

That kid will never learn his lesson...he will be getting a new Volvo next year probably! I will continue to pray for Ford (and you and Joseph too). He looks cute and happy though, you would never notice anything was going on! That counts for something...good parents!

Jennie-Marie said...

Congrats on Ford walking even if it is selective. They really do everything on their own time and their way. I guess thats the rest of our lives. I will pray for his eating. Happy New Year!

yellowbritches said...

won't eat huh? maybe a pot of DeDe's chili might do the trick. sure did for me yesterday. no commnet on the fool kid other than the shake of the head

DeLine Family said...

So cute...looks like your "baby by the tree" pics turned out about as good as ours! :-) I'm pretty sure Sharon would've made me walk everywhere until I was 25 if I had a stunt like that!