Sunday, December 23, 2007

A Few House Pics

Here are some pictures of the kitchen and the backyard! I LOVE my kitchen! I haven't done much more than use the microwave up to this point, but I LOVE it! The kitchen is the only finished room thus far, so it's the only one I'm sharing. Sorry the picture is so dark, I couldn't get my flash to work.


View from the butler's pantry, which connects the kitchen and dining room


The cabinets are a work in progress. The painters splattered the chocolate glaze all over the cabinets on the right, so they're coming back after Christmas to fix them. They just covered them in plastic like I wouldn't notice...um, yeah, I noticed.


The patio and deck - we have doors that open from our bedroom and from the kitchen.


This is the area where we'll put a swingset for Ford this summer.

The dogs have made themselves right at home! They weren't happy at being left outside the other day, so they dug a few holes to get back at us. They've never been diggers before, so if anyone has any tips to make them stop, let us know!


This is Ford after he got his hand popped for playing with the candle. I'm determined to not clear my coffee table and everything else in the house. He's a pretty obedient little boy, but he likes to test his limits! I know this might not work, but I'm willing to try for now!


Ford and his best buddy, Jack
Sweet Jack just lays there and lets Ford climb all over him!

7 comments:

Ashley Collins said...

It looks great! I know you are glad you are finally in your own house. I can't wait to see it in person (hint, hint). I know Abby will want to see Ford soon!

Anonymous said...

I love it, love it, love it!!! I would want to stay in that kitchen and cook all the time! Tell me this...how much do you LOVE all that extra counter space??? You certainly needed it! Sarah, I am so proud of you and Joseph...it is wonderful and I can't wait to see the rest decorated! I want to visit too...after Knox comes, of course.

yellowbritches said...

excellent pics. great kitchen! cannot wait to see it in person. also enjoyed the pic of Ford after a little poppage. stick to your guns. Merry Christmas and thanks for the pics

DeLine Family said...

Oh, your house looks great! I can't wait to see the rest (and maybe in person one day :-))!! Ford is such a cutie...have so much fun settling in & have a very Merry Christmas!!

The Reeds said...

I love the pictures, and it looks even better in person! I've told Mike and my parents that if we ever move to Auburn (don't plan on it:), I want to live in your neighborhood because it's awesome. I'm so glad we got to hang out Friday night. I hope you, Joseph and Ford had a great Christmas! Let's get together again soon!

Tara said...

Sarah I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your new casa!! And how exciting to be in it before Christmas! I want to see more house pics pronto though!

Ashley said...

Your house looks fantastic! Wow-Wow-Wee! It's so nice!! :)