Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Sick Day


My poor husband stayed home from work today...and if you know Joseph, you know he was S-I-C-K! I think he's missed maybe 2 or 3 days of work since we've been married that weren't a scheduled vacation. It's one of his many qualities that I admire the most, and one that we unfortunately do not share! I think I took a monthly "Mental Health Day" my first year of teaching! Boy, those days would have come in handy during my maternity leave - I took 60 days off but only had about 23 banked! Those paychecks were pretty slim!

Now here's the difference in my "sick" day and Joseph's "sick" day...I would be in bed, with a bell beside me, playing it for all it's worth. I would request some sort of carry-out for lunch (anything with an order of fries is working for me these days), a Brewster's run in the afternoon (my current favorite is a turtle sundae in a waffle bowl), and so forth, all while I stayed in bed with a good book (or three - I'm a very fast reader) and some gingerale.
Not my husband. This man can't stand to be still, even if he's knocking at death's door. He attempted to unload the dishwasher, do a load of clothes, and play with Ford, all while running a pretty high fever. I think the main reason he is sick is because he spent the entire weekend staining the outside of our fence, using an insect sprayer, a roller, and a paint brush. The man is amazing, and I am a very fortunate woman!!
It's looking a million times better, but Ford got his first facial injury last week! Our driveway is on a pretty steep slope, and he typically backs down it like he's going down stairs when we're playing outside. Not this time! He ran down that concrete hill and unfortunately his forehead took the worst of it. He already had a huge goose egg in the 4.3 seconds in took for me to pick him up, but he cried for about a minute and then wanted down to play! He is ALL boy!
Speaking of all boy, we have our ultrasound tomorrow! I can't believe it's already here. I was so excited with Ford, because all I really thought about was finding out if he was a boy or a girl. This time is so different since I know all the things they're checking for - I now really know that mothers mean it when they say all they want is a healthy baby! We had the final consensus with the family tonight, and almost everyone except for Crawdaddy, Clayton and Parker is thinking pink! We'll see at 1:30 tomorrow! Say a prayer or two for us!

5 comments:

The Reeds said...

I'm praying the appt. goes well today! You should change the blog design to pink or blue! I hope Joseph is feeling better, and I like your "sick day" much better:)

Amber said...

Sarah-
I just said a prayer for you and your sweet baby. I completely understand when you say.....all you want is a healthy baby. With Caleb, I could hardly breathe before the ultrasound. I just wanted to know all the organs etc where just as they should be. God Bless you. Looking forward to hearing an update. And whether it is a girl or boy.....he or she will be very loved!

thebarronfam said...

We are predicting pink tomorrow, but William is hoping for blue. We are also praying for a healthy baby! Cute idea about changing the blog color to pink or blue.

Wilson's Winners said...

I'll be thinking about you and hope everything goes well. Maybe Stirling will have another girlfriend to play with?!?

We should get together sometime!!!

The Rays said...

Just read this post and I won't spoil the news for everyone so you must wait and see what baby #2 is! I really like your idea of a sick day, Sarah. I don't think my sick days last week looked like that although I did have my fair share of BR chocolate shakes. My throat was so sore ;)