Wednesday, June 4, 2008

The Sweetest Surprise


My wonderful sister-in-law, sister & mom threw an amazing surprise shower for me & Luke Friday night! They got me good! Jennie & Maryn drove all the way after Charlotte (making it 4 weekends in a row that we've spent together) - that was the biggest surprise of all!

Joseph was at the beach for a bachelor party, so Shealy wanted us to have a sisters' night Friday night. She wanted us to get dressed up and go to a nice restaurant, and she'd already arranged for Mama to keep Ford. So I dropped Ford off at my parents', and Shealy and I had a great dinner with great conversation at Hamilton's. Then we went to get Ford, and when I walked in the door, SURPRISE! When I saw Jennie and Maryn, I just lost it. For her to drive all this way by herself at 34 weeks pregnant is just beyond comprehension! She's the best sister-in-law ever! I'd had friends ask if I wanted a shower, but I felt like we just had one for Ford, and since we're having another boy, I just felt guilty having another one. But Jennie felt her nephew needed his own party, so she took matters into her own hands, called up Shealy, and it was on! The best part of the whole thing was Jennie and Maryn stayed until Sunday morning! I had them to myself all weekend!
It was such a special night - thank you to everyone who came! And for all of Luke's precious gifts! He's going to be a well-dressed little munchkin! After everyone left, I realized I forgot to get Holly to take a hostess and a group picture - I think I was still in shock. By the way, Holly, thanks for being the official photographer...you're the best!
Not the most flattering picture of myself, but it shows how surprised and happy I was!
All the yummy desserts!
Look how cute these favors are that Jennie brought - they matched the invitation.

8 comments:

Ashley said...

THAT IS PRECIOUS!!!!!!!!!!! Wish I could have come! :) That was sooooooooo nice for real!!!! I know just how you feel too with the whole surprise thing-it's a little/lot overwhelming isn't it!??!! Glad they were able to pull the whole thing off! Way to go, Shealy and Jennie! How special! You deserve about 10 more 2nd baby showers! love you!

Anonymous said...

How special that was for you! I can't wait to meet little Luke. Jennie and Shealy deserve a sister of the year shower! Way to go girls!

The Rays said...

this was so sweet it made me cry. we had such a great time- the whole weekend. just to see how excited you were that we were there made the whole trip worth it- five times over!! and ford in the swing so glad to see us was priceless. i love to hear him say "Ninnie"!! you and luke deserved a shower!! i loved getting to spend more time with ford too.

thebarronfam said...

We had so much fun and am glad the "Luke" Auburn outfit made the post. William thought that it would look cute on Luke this fall! He can't wait to have another buddy to play with.

The Muncies said...

This was so fun and SO sweet!!! Can't wait to meet LUKE!!!!!

Carrie Friday said...

so sweet!!!!

Granny said...

Definately priceless!!! As you well know, I very rarely have an opportunity to "get you" and I will say, we did!! One of the best nights. Bring on our little Luke. Can not wait to see what that little munchkin looks like and to hold him in my arms!!!

wadebbie said...

The hydrangeas on the table are so pretty - did they come from Katy's garden? So glad you were surprised and so jealous I couldn't be there. Can't wait to meet Luke!