Monday, July 7, 2008

Great News!

We just got back from the hospital where we got to hold him for the first time!!! It was the best feeling ever - one I'll never take for granted again. He's doing so well. He's almost completely off the oxygen, and he's able to use a feeding tube to take my milk...which is in in abundance! Pumping every two hours around the clock sure does do the trick!! He's done a great job at sucking a paci, so hopefully when we get to the point where we're able to try to nurse, he'll be a champ at that! Thank you so much for the prayers, sweet messages, and the food! What amazing friends we have! Specific prayers would be that he continues to progress so well, and that he's able to nurse. I'm not sure what the next step is; they don't really like to give a time table for things up there! That's a little difficult for me since I thrive on a plan, but God sure is teaching us a lot through this! We'll take some pictures tonight and post them soon! I think he looks a lot like Joseph - especially his long arms and legs!

14 comments:

anna and geoffrey said...

Great news!

Your post gave me chills...

Glad you had such a great report and I'll be praying for y'all to continue to get good news and bring him home soon!!

The Northcutt's said...

Thanks for the update. Those long legs are going to be filling up with sweet baby fat in no time! Still praying.

DeLine Family said...

Such awesome news! We'll continue to pray for little Luke and the whole fam! Hopefully you can bring him home soon & hold him as much as you want! Let us know if you need anything!

The Nebrigs said...

Praise the Lord!!! We will continue to lift baby Luke up in our prayers!1

Chip, Allyson and Karlee Baker said...

Sarah, I was shocked to find out from Ashley Durham this weekend that Luke had arrived. I'm so glad he's doing better. What a week you had with Ford getting ear tubes and then Luke arriving. Please call me if you need anything and I'll keep the prayers coming.

Anonymous said...

YAY, YAY, YAY for Luke! Hooray for holding your precious baby...I know that you are overwhelmed with love and it was good to finally give some to that little one through holding him! I am sure that he LOVED being next to his mommy for the first time too! We are thinking of you guys and will keep praying! Love you!

Amber said...

I am so glad you got to hold your sweet baby! And YAY for him sucking a passie. I will continue to pray for all of you. I am so glad that he is improving and looking forward to the day that you can take him home. Thanks for the update!

andreak said...

i can't even wait to see the new pictures of this precious little mr. luke man!!

The Dilworth Family said...

So glad to hear that baby Luke is doing better! We are so excited for you and will continue to keep you in our prayers.

The Reeds said...

That is the best news I've heard all day! I'm so excited for yall. I know Luke loved being in his mommy's arms! Love and Prayers!!

The Haralson Family said...

Say, I love keeping up with your sweet family through your blog. I just got back in town and saw that Luke has made his arrival. What a precious gift! We'll definitely keep you all in our prayers! Keep us posted...

The Muncies said...

SO glad to hear this!!!! Luke will be home in the blink of an eye! Ford will be the best big brother!!

thebarronfam said...

We love ya'll!

Wilson's Winners said...

Praise the LORD! That is great news. We will continue to pray for yall. Please keep the updates coming.