Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Home Sweet Home

What a wonderful day it has been! To have our whole little family together at last was perfect. Ford, unfortunately, did not feel the same way! He was very unsure of Luke when he came home from school, and then acted totally disinterested in him after his nap this afternoon. I think he's taking the tactic of "If I ignore him, he'll go away." I guess he'll realize after a couple of days that this little guy is here to stay!

Here are a few pictures of the day - Luke has slept ALL day long, so he hasn't been the most cooperative model! I'm wondering what kind of night we're going to have!
He looked a little small in his car seat...
So we tucked 3 blankets around him! Look how big his feet are compared to the rest of him! They go with the long arms and legs!
Ford meets his brother for the first time...
And decides he'd prefer to be an only child!
Hmmm...maybe I'll just touch him with my toes. (Although it looks like he was trying to kick him, he was actually being quite gentle with his little feet.)

The proud daddy with his new son

This picture is for Jennie - notice what he has on! Luke wet through his outfit and the blanket after we got home (I think the diaper was too big) so Joseph took him upstairs to change him. This was the outfit he picked! It always makes me smile to see what he puts Ford in - whenever he would dress him when he was little, he'd always put him in the same thing - one of Parker's old t-shirts and a pair of little bitty sweatpants! He said he wanted him to be comfortable. Well, Jennie, being an amazing aunt, sent Luke 4 newborn outfits once we realized we didn't have anything that would fit him. There was a buy 2, get 1 free sale, so this "Handsome" number was the "get one free". Cute, but definitely the third choice. Not for Joseph! I guess he wanted everyone to know just how "Handsome" his son is!

15 comments:

Amber said...

Precious pictures! Welcome home Luke! I bet Ford is going to have his moments, but he will come around. I hope you have lots of advice for me when I do this in a few weeks!

DeLine Family said...

Sarah - I am so happy for your little family! It is wonderful that everyone is home & I just know Ford will be giving Luke lots of kisses very soon! Hopefully your night goes smoothly...we'll definitely keep praying for each one of you! YEAAAA - home at last!!!!!!!!!!

The Galimore Family said...

So excited for you all! That picture of Ford's face is priceless. I am sure he will decide soon that having a little brother isn't so bad:) Let us know if we can do anything!

Tara Verdigets said...

Congratulaions! I know you are so happy to have your little man home now :) Big brother will warm up sooner rather than later!
Love,
Tara

andreak said...

i am so happy for you that your newest little munchkin is home with his family! i LOVE the pics you posted.
my heart just broke when i saw the pics of ford with luke....it is so difficult for them to learn to share "their" mommy & daddy!
i just wish i could get my little mitts on him!!!

The Rouse Family said...

YAY! What wonderful pictures. I know Ford loves his new little buddy :o) We will be praying for you all continually as you all adjust to this new little bundle of joy. PLEASE call if you want Ford to come play!

The Nebrigs said...

I am so happy your whole family is home together!!!

The Muncies said...

And he IS so handsome!!! Just precious -- so happy for you guys! Call if Ford wants to come over for a visit!

Tara said...

So glad y'all have the little guy home finally! Ford will warm up to him in no time and they'll grow up to be the best of friends!! Congrats!

Maggie M. Cooper said...

i LOVE the pics! he is so precious...and tiny! i'm so happy for yall and can't wait to see what great things God has in store for your whole sweet family! hope to see yall soon!:)

em and her boys said...

Congrats again! Let the fun REALLY begin!

Enjoy the transition. My only tip - that I got from Jennie, of course: if you have somewhere to be tomorrow, start getting ready for it NOW. You can never start gettng ready too early with two liitle ones.

Get some rest in between loving those boys!

The Dilworth Family said...

He's beautiful and I am so thankful he is finally home!

Ashley said...

Ford just doesn't quite realize what kind of gift his mama and daddy have given him yet! :) I hope by today he's coming around! I'm betting your glad he has "school" to go to! I think I'll sign Sawyer up today! Ford & Luke are two PRECIOUS Boys! What lucky kiddos to have their sweet mama and daddy! Glad y'all are all home!

The Rays said...

he is SOOO handsome!! leave it to Joseph to pick that out. we miss you all so much. :( it's been too long. love you!!

Anonymous said...

We are so happy for you guys! Love all the pictures. We can't wait to meet Luke!