Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Settling In


We're going on Day 5 having little Luke at home and all is going better than expected! He is the sweetest baby EVER! All the munchkin does is sleep, eat and poop! I have yet to hear him cry - I know it's coming, but I'm really enjoying how easy he is right now. Ford is definitely warming up to him, but I wouldn't call them best friends or anything! But he's showing a lot more interest in him - today I was getting Ford's backpack ready for school and Ford got Luke's bottle off the coffee table and put it next to him in the bouncy seat. My eyes welled up (probably had a little to do with hormones) because it gave me a glimpse of what the future could be like! It really is my prayer that they will love each other fiercely and be the best of friends!

Daddy and his boys
I think one of my top 5 favorite things about having a baby is all the wonderful food people bring you! My sweet friend Holly arranged meals for us for a few weeks, and while these meals are doing nothing to help my waistline, they sure are delicious! Ford LOVED the chocolate-covered peanut butter rice crispie treat he had tonight - thanks Galimores! And thank you to everyone else who has fed the Martin family...it is much appreciated!
Thank you so much for all the prayers, calls, cards, comments and encouragement you have all given us through the past 3 weeks. It all seems like such a blur! Luke goes back to the doctor tomorrow for a weight check and to have blood drawn - I'm thinking I'll hear him use those lungs when they prick his little heel! Good night!

7 comments:

Ashley said...

Oh, good! I'm so glad you posted more pictures! Glad to hear things are going good, and so many people are being good to you! Just enjoy all the food! Sounds wonderful! I love the first picture. It's really neat how he looks a lot like Joseph. Don't you think? You can tell a lot more about what he looks like in that picture. I'm glad to hear Ford's warming up to his brother too. I'm sure it won't be long before he's really a fan of having another boy in the house.
Love you!

The Galimore Family said...

I want to come by one day soon to see that sweet little one. I am sure your boys will be the best of friends. There's nothing sweeter than 2 little boys! I am glad Ford enjoyed his dessert!

Wilson's Winners said...

Glad things are going well - you be thinking about what you want Brooke and myself to bring you for supper!!!

The Rays said...

hope the apt. goes well. wish i could be there to bring you a meal! give my sweet nephews kisses. xoxo

The Muncies said...

Glad to hear things are going well! You make the two kids thing look like a breeze!!!

yellowbritches said...

excellent update and I will call later for the appointment update. that boy sure has a headfull of hair. great pic of Ford with the chocolate; he sure comes by that naturally, particularly from his Aunt Jennie!

wadebbie said...

Love, love, love the pictures and reading the latest on little Luke, Ford warming up to being a big brother, and how Mommy & Daddy are faring. You all look great! I've been traveling for two weeks now and visit the site often (showing anyone that is near me - look, look at these beautiful babies!!). Miss you all and cannot wait to hold and hug everyone in August.