Monday, July 14, 2008

Keep Your Fingers Crossed!

We're hoping Luke is coming home tomorrow or Wednesday! We walked into the nursery today and he was out of the incubator in a regular bassinet!!! He has to keep his temp up, continue to eat well, and not lose any weight through the night. He was up to 5 pounds this morning, so pray every ounce stays on! I can't believe we may be reaching the end of this winding road...but I think we have a pretty fun, crazy road ahead of us! My mom got out all of her baby stuff last night while Ford was over there, and she said he sat in the infant swing, ate blueberries, and watched Mickey Mouse Clubhouse for an hour! I would have kept all that stuff out if I thought it would keep him still for more than 2 minutes!


The other big news is we have another new member of the family! My fabulous sister-in-law had a beautiful little girl on Friday! Her name is Emma Claire, and I think she looks just like her big sister, Maryn. Jennie had a LONG day of labor, but she is a champ! I can't wait to hold that little girl! I told Jennie that looking at all the pictures of her friends with Emma made me so mad because it's supposed to be me! I was actually going to go to Charlotte last Tuesday if Jennie had gone into labor by then, but thank the Lord she didn't! Luke would have been born in North Carolina! I can just imagine Mark trying to explain to the nurses why he was there with 2 very pregnant women! Maryn and Ford are exactly a week apart and Luke and Emma are a week and a day apart. Jennie tells me I'm on my own for the next one!

3 comments:

The Muncies said...

So great that Luke will be home soon!!! Congrats to Jennie!

lindsay said...

Oh Sarah- i hope I hope I hope that baby boy comes home today!!! Let us know and until then we'll be praying!

yellowbritches said...

indeed good prospects and hopefully that'll come to pass. know it will be great for everyone to be together under 1 roof.