Sunday, August 24, 2008

Back to School


Ford got his Back-to-School haircut tonight! Keys to Success: strapped down, watching Mickey, with a bowl of M&M's!! I'm not nearly as excited about tomorrow as I thought I'd be. We've had a great month - basically ever since my temper post, Ford has been the sweetest thing! We still have our moments, but he's been so affectionate and loving, and as long as I make sure to give him some one-on-one quality time, he's pretty precious! I'm going to miss the little man and our mornings together, but hopefully I'll be really busy with work and his little brother! It'll be nice to have some alone time with Luke!
We made it back to church this morning, and Ford walked right in his classroom like he owned the place! Going to school has been so good for him - I can't say enough great things about Parkway. Everytime we drive by, he gets so excited and shouts "SCHOOL"!! It is such an answered prayer - he used to cry the entire time at church every week and on Wednesday nights. I would wake up on Sunday mornings with a knot in my stomach - no fun! I guess that's one of the drawbacks of having family here. He never really had babysitters other than my parents and Shealy. Although I certainly wouldn't change that for anything!
Oh - notice Ford's knees in the picture - his first of many skinned knees! He fell at church Wednesday night running to the fountain. He cried for about .3 seconds and then was on the go again! He is ALL boy!

5 comments:

erinshelton said...

Good luck with school! I will be praying for all of the Martins. P.S. I see Parker in this pic. Is it just me?

Allyson said...

What a handsome little man!

The Rouse Family said...

He is precious and the twins can't wait to play with Ford...

The Reeds said...

I hope Ford did great today!! He looks SO cute!! You did a great job:)

Ashley said...

Way to go on the haircut! SO CUTE! Maybe Sawyer-man does need to go to school too. He did good in the nursery this week, but I totally know what you mean about a knot in your stomach before church b/c lots of times it can go either way. I'm glad Ford likes school so much and that he's being sweet to his mama!!! :)