Wednesday, October 1, 2008

My little tigers


We had another great football-filled weekend! One of my favorite things about living in Auburn is we are almost guaranteed to have friends stay with us every home football game. Last weekend it was Wes, Allyson and baby Harper, and this weekend we had Brent, Ashley, Abby and baby Collins! I love it!
We took the boys tailgating for the first time this year and they were amazing! Ford and Abby loved all the activity - corn hole with the daddies, lots of fun snacks, and a rousing game of beer pong at the tailgate next to us to cheer for! Luke was his typical laid-back self, and his aunt Lenzie was there to be an extra set of hands when he got tired of the stroller. We had planned to walk around and see other people, but Ford was having such a great time we just stayed put! We headed home for naps and watched the game with the Muncies ~ all in all a perfect day!
We're heading to the beach this weekend with my family. The boys and I are going with my parents tomorrow afternoon, and Joseph, Shealy and Clayton are coming after work on Friday. It's the first Melton family vacation we've taken in a long time ~ since before Ford was born! The car ride should be interesting...me between 2 carseats in the back of my dad's truck might make for a long ride. The portable DVD player is charging as I write this, so I'm sure we'll watch a whole lot of Mickey!
Oh, Luke slept from 8:30 - 7! Praise the dear sweet Lord! We made the tough decision to let him cry it out Sunday night. It was AWFUL!!! Babywise says you should let them cry for up to 45 minutes 3 nights in a row to break the habit, so that was our plan - 45 minutes of pure torture. I lay there with a death grip on the sheets, sweating, heart racing, watching each minute tick off the clock. Joseph rolled over at around minute 37 - "Oh, is Luke awake?" WHAT???? How do you not hear that piercing cry that shakes my very soul? Are all men like that? Anyway, at exactly minute 44, the crying stopped and he slept until 7. So I was geared up for another round of Torture Mommy last night but he slept straight through! It definitely makes those 44 minutes of HELL well worth it! And we had turned Ford's sound machine up a few notches so he didn't hear a thing. Hopefully tonight will be another good one!

8 comments:

Ashleigh said...

YIPEEEEEEE! A full night of sleep is golden:)
It's so funny, Em is much like Keith in that she never woke to LK's piercing cries-maybe Ford will be like that too.

The Nebrigs said...

what great news!!! and yes I think all men can't hear midnight cries.

Ashley said...

you are so stinkin' pretty! i love pictures of you and your boys! allyson LOVED being at your house last weekend, and she went on and on about how you've got it together!!!! :) i'm glad you got your full-night sleep last night! that's wonderful!!! it is amazing how men don't hear it like we do. it's crazy really! are they designed with different ears? love you, say!

Ashley Thames said...

I can TOTALLy feel your pain with the cyring thing. I can remember having to do the same thing with Ella and thinking that her head was going to bust from how loudly she was crying! But man is it worth if once everybody starts sleeping! Maybe y'all are over the hump:)

erinshelton said...

Coming for Arkansas game... would love to see you?!!

thebarronfam said...

Yea baby Luke!

Darby said...

Say, I'm so sad I didn't get to see y'all. I emailed you after I got your comment last Thursday... but apparently you aren't at saymartin@bellsouth.net anymore? It got shot back to me the next day! Anyway, your boys are precious and congrats on a full night... I hope it wasn't a tease! JM's done that to us a few times! But we do enjoy it when we can get it!

Anonymous said...

Go Luke...and you for sitting through it! Clay doesn't hear a thing coming out of that monitor! I have often wondered if a man made those monitors to where only females can hear what is coming out of them...hahaha!