Tuesday, October 7, 2008

As close to a "vacation" as you can get with 2 kids...



We had the best time at the beach this past weekend! My dad recently bought a condo in Laketown Wharf, a new development in Panama City. It is the most kid-friendly place I have ever seen! A zero-entry pool (or zero gravity as my parents kept calling it), a kiddie pool with tons of water features, a nightly "liquid fireworks" show...the list goes on and on. The elevators are glass and have a view of two of the five pools, and everytime we'd ride one, Ford would shout "My POOOOOL!" He was in heaven! There was a lake that had a bazillion turtles, which just so happen to be one of his favorite animals. And he had the almost undivided attention of 6 of his favorite people - pretty much the best weekend of his life!

Luke was a total angel the whole time we were there - happy as could be to lay on a blanket and watch the ceiling fan for hours. Both boys slept in bathrooms ~ and they slept HARD! Shealy and Clayton were a huge help with the boys and got in lots of good practice for Baby Mac. My parents absolutely adore their grandchildren, so I think a good time was had by all. Although I will never again go on a trip with my dad during an Auburn game...let's just say it put a bit of a damper on the Saturday night festivities!

Here are some pictures...if you're ever interested in renting a fantastic 3 bedroom condo, let me know!

Sliding with Daddy

Baby Mac's first appearance on the blog! We find out next Wednesday if it's a boy or a girl!

Ford "posing" ~ he kind of likes to be the center of attention! Wonder where he gets that from?

Ford loves his Aunt Bug and Uncle Clayton

See this little boy? He's totally stolen my heart. He's got a dimple in his left chin, and when he smiles, I pretty much melt into a big gooey puddle. He's going to break some hearts one day, and I have a feeling mine will be the first!


Not the greatest family photo ~ unfortunately it's the best one out of about 33! And it was obviously dinner time!

7 comments:

yellowbritches said...

I wonder who was having more fun in the pool, Joseph or Ford? enjoyed all the pics and look forward to Thanksgiving

Ashleigh said...

How MUCH fun!! Too cool. Hopefully next summer we can hit the condo w/ you guys :)

The Muncies said...

How fun!!! Looks like yall had a great time! We are ready to hit the beach again before it gets too cool!

Allyson said...

I think that is a GREAT family photo!! Looks like sooooooooo much fun!! Can Caleb and I sneak into that pool next summer and join you??

Carrie Friday said...

Looks like your trip was an amazing success :o)

The boys are precious and I am totally in love with Shealy's baby bump!!!

Shealy said...

I thought you were going to run all bathing suit pics by me!! I'm not toooo embarrassed :). Love you!

Ashley said...

man please! i want to go there!! looks like a good time was had by all, and i also thought the family photo was pretty priceless! what can you expect with 2 little guys-and that comment about little Luke breaking your heart first-GEEZ LOUISE! I'm ridiculous anyway-but tears filled my eyes! i can totally relate!! :) LOVE YOU!