Friday, March 19, 2010

Our Introduction to Life with 3

Thank you so much for all your prayers! This is certainly not the way we hoped little Duncan's birth would be, but I have such an amazing peace about everything that it can only come from above! Duncan is under the oxygen hood and probably will be for another day or 2, but his breathing sounds so much better than it did even this morning. His x-rays showed improvement and we know he's getting the best care possible. It's been really funny to see the same sweet nurses that we got to know so well when we did this with Luke a short 20 months ago!!! My uneducated guess would be Duncan will be here for 10 days to 2 weeks, but he may surprise us! Not that this could ever be easy, but I am certainly less emotional this time around - I couldn't even look at Luke the day after he was born without weeping uncontrollably, and now I just see that sweet baby boy and know it won't be too long that this will all be a blur!

To add to the craziness, my mom took Luke to the doctor yesterday and he has the swine flu! Hilarious, right? I'm assuming Ford had it last week when he ran a fever for 5 days and passed it on to Lukester. The big boys are quarantined at my parents' house, and no one that has been around them can come up here. I think my mom's heart is slightly broken, but she knows she's where she's needed the most and the boys are having a blast with Granny and Crawdaddy. Joseph and I were laughing that this is the most time we've had together without kids in a while! We have 3 babies and right now we're not really responsible for any of them...the calm before the storm!

I'll keep you posted on Duncan's progress. I got to hold him right after he was born and my arms are aching to do it again. Thanks for all the emails, calls and texts!

9 comments:

The Dilworth Family said...

Congrats! So excited for you guys and will keep you in our prayers and thoughts. Hope the big boys get better soon!!!

Molly said...

Prayers for you guys Sarah! AND Congratulations!!!

The Muncies said...

YES! Soak up some time with just the two of you and get rested!

Lots of prayers for all of your boys to be healthy asap!

Maggie M. Cooper said...

So glad he is here and healthy!:) Hope your other two get well soon, so they can see their new little brother come home! Rest while you can mommy!:) Praying for yall!

Shealy said...

I miss you!! I hate that we can't come see you - but whatever is best for Duncan!! I love y'all!

The Mader's said...

Great to hear of Duncan's progress and that you are at peace with the way things are. It's amazing how you feel like you're floating on air when you cast your worries on the Lord. Praying for the little munchkins at Granny and Crawdaddy's house. May they get well soon. Love you and can't wait to see you soon!

The Rays said...

wishing i was there (you know how that is!)

So excited about my new nephew and i can't wait to meet him. praying lots for you guys. xoxo

erinshelton said...

Congrats Sarah! I will be praying for the entire family. Duncan sure is a handsome little man!

thebarronfam said...

You are in our thoughts and prayers all the time. Can't wait to meet Duncan!