Saturday, March 20, 2010

Duncan Update

Sarah wanted me (Shealy) to update everyone on a few things. Prayers are needed over sweet little Duncan and Sarah and Joseph. Throughout the day today, they had to increase Duncan's oxygen a few times because he was having some trouble breathing. Well, this afternoon the doctors decided that intubating him would help him not have to struggle so much. The best place for Duncan to be right now with this going on is in Montgomery, so they made the decision to intubate him and transport him tonight. Sarah and Joseph were up at the hospital when they were getting him ready and Sarah said that when they intubated him, that he immediately stopped struggling to breathe and actually started to look like a normal baby. She said that he looked so much more comfortable and that she knew that this was definitely the right thing for them to do and has a peace about it. We will keep everyone updated on his progress... Please pray for him to gain strength and that his breathing will continue to get easier. Please also pray for Sarah and Joseph to be able to get some rest. And for Sarah - I can only imagine the emotions she is feeling right now...
A praise is that Luke is feeling better and Sarah and Joseph will be able to see him and Ford tomorrow (Sunday).
Thank you all so much for your prayers and comments. I know Sarah and Joseph appreciate it so much.

11 comments:

Mommy and a Ministry said...

Hey! I run the Footprints Ministry (www.nicufootprints.org) in Montgomery. Which hospital will you be at? Also can you please send me your address? Please email me at kimcwilson1@yahoo.com We will be praying for your family!

The Muncies said...

Many prayers for all of the Martins!!!

Perri Speigner said...

My heart aches for you all. I can not imagine the emotions you are experiencing right now. Please know that you are covered with love and prayers. All of our love.
Levale, Perri and Campbell

Stacy and John said...

Sarah & Joseph,
I'm praying for sweet baby Duncan! I know that this is tough, but I pray that God continues to let Duncan grow and be strong!

tmiller said...

Praying for you guys!

Wilson's Winners said...

Continued prayers during this time - may God continue to give you strength and peace. Please keep us updated@

The Galimore Family said...

Many prayers are coming your way for baby Duncan and for all of you. Please let us know if there is anything we can do.

Brooke and Ron said...

Aw, Sarah, I hadn't heard... I'm sorry they had to do it this way, but giving Duncan a break (and some surfactant!) will be better in the long run. Please call me if you have questions! Hang in there!

Brooke

Molly said...

Praying for all of you! Hang in there! God has each one of you in his hands.

The Mader's said...

The Lord is in control! I will continue to pray for you all! I love you sweet Say!

Maggie M. Cooper said...

Praying for all of you!