Saturday, May 1, 2010

home

we are home! and exhausted! duncan is going to be the toughest kid on the block after all he has been through in 6 short weeks. his blood cultures began to grow some sort of bacteria yesterday and we were told we might have to stay in the hospital for 5-10 days of antibiotics, but it turned out to be a contaminant in the culture so we were discharged this morning. the thought of another week in the hospital just about did me in, so you can imagine the joy and relief i felt when we heard the good news! thanks for the prayers and i'm sorry it's taken me so long to update - it's been a little wild around here! we go back to the doctor monday morning for a follow-up, so hopefully we'll get a good report. a HUGE thank you to Dr. Brooke for taking such good care of us and giving up your night off to be there for us. brooke was one of my pledge sisters at Auburn and has been such a blessing to our family! you are the best!

4 comments:

Wilson's Winners said...

So glad ya'll are home! Prayers for a continued recovery. Try and rest when you can. She is a GEM - we've seen her a few times the past few weeks and I love her!!!

thebarronfam said...

YEA! We love some Dr. Brooke too. Glad ya'll are doing well. Praying your boys can stay well!

Maggie M. Cooper said...

So glad yall are home! Praying for continued healing! Get some rest!!! Let me know if I could get the boys to come play.:)

The Vaughns said...

YAY!!! Get some rest and let me know if I can do anything to help. Remember your promise?!? :) The offer still stands!