Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Ford Crawls! Ford Crawls!




Well, I walked into Mrs. Pat's house today to pick up Ford after work, and lo and behold, the little man crawled right to me! Once I got over not being there to see it the first time he did it, I was so excited! He was so proud of himself. He'll crawl a little on his knees and then get up on his feet like a little monkey and take a few steps like that. Hilarious! I know crawling is a typical occurence in the life of most children, but I really thought he was just going to skip straight to walking. It's funny how once you become a mom, ordinary things become extraordinary when it's your child that's doing them. I remember right after he was born, all the (bajillion) books I had read said the most favorite thing for a newborn to look at would be his mother's face. Well, apparently my face was not very interesting, because Ford would look everywhere BUT my face. Then he didn't smile when "they" said he would. So of course, like any hormonal, sleep-deprived new mother without a clue would do, I panicked and started researching what could be wrong with my baby. I must have diagnosed him with 25 different disorders, all before he was 2 months old. Then one morning, he gave me the biggest grin I'd ever seen, and I started sobbing hysterically and uncontrollably, and had to go wake Joseph up so he could take care of Ford while I got ahold of myself! Short story long, Ford has hit every single milestone, but in his own time, not some checklist's. My advice to every new mom is throw those books out the window and soak up the moment you're in instead of stressing over what comes next. Ford is exactly who God made him to be and we're just along for the ride!

*This picture has absolutely nothing to do with crawling, as Joseph so kindly pointed out to me, but I just thought it was so stinkin' cute I had to share it!

3 comments:

lindsay said...

You're right Sarah, he's wonderfully made!

Granny said...

Just remember, nothing is safe from this moment on. Love that boy!!!

Shealy said...

Yay! A crawler! I'm so proud! I can't wait to see!