Friday, September 7, 2007

Look out Delta, here we come!



This picture is from our family trip to Charleston in June. I think it's next to impossible to get everyone looking at the camera at the same time, much less smiling, so this is the best we could do!

Ford and I are heading to Seattle bright and early Sunday morning! It will be his first flight, so I'm having a bit of anxiety about it...I just don't want to be the lady on the plane with the screaming baby! Joseph's dad, Wade, and his stepmom, Debbie, live out there, and we've always had the best time on our visits. Jennie is turning 30 September 23rd, so they are flying the entire family out there for a week! Wade and Debbie flew to Charlotte this morning for a wedding this weekend, so they will pick up Jennie, Parker, and Maryn at a ridiculously early hour Sunday morning and hop on a flight to Atlanta. Ford and I will meet them in Atlanta, and then we'll all fly to Seattle. It's about a 5 1/2 hour flight, so it should be pretty interesting how we do with 4 adults, a 2-year-old, and two 10-month olds! I figure Wade and Debbie will desert us at the first sign of trouble and try to upgrade to 1st class! I probably would if I were them!
Jennie, Parker, and I went out there last summer when Parker had just turned one, and the flight was one to remember. Parker threw up all over himself and Jennie, and while she had packed a change of clothes for him, she didn't have anything in her magic mom bag for herself! We cleaned her up as best we could with wet wipes and bathroom paper towels, but it was not a pretty sight. She had to sit through the rest of the flight and the ride to Wade and Debbie's with a lovely smell wafting around her. So at least we'll be a little more prepared this time!
Joseph and Mark are flying out on Wednesday, and then we all fly home on Sunday. Please say a prayer for us for safe travels and that we all make it there in one piece! I'll try to post some while we're out there because I think Granny and Crawdaddy would sink into a deep depression if they didn't at least get to see new pictures of Ford while we're gone!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will be praying for a safe and non-eventful flight for all of you!

erinshelton said...

YAY! I finally found out you had a blog. Now I can keep up with you. I miss you and have lots to tell you ;)! Our blog is ryananderinshelton.blogspot.com . I will be thinking about you on your trip! Love you and miss you!

Shealy said...

What about Aunt Bug and Uncle Clayton? We are going to miss you tremendously as well! We love y'all!

Granny said...

You think?? Bugs right, we all are going to miss you guys. Although we know how to share, a week is a long time. The good news is I do have your dogs. If you want them back, you had better post some pics during the week. Love you!

Ashley Collins said...

Ah ha!!! It worked, Say. Now you can actually read what I am thinking. Kind of scary when you think about it. Glad you are having fun. Enjoy the weather while you can!