Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Postcard from Seattle

We made it! And almost without incident, if you don't count my expired driver's license and the strip search that resulted from it! Note to all travelers: Check the expiration date on your license BEFORE you are at the ticket window! And it wasn't like it was a few days expired, we're talking 3 months, people! That sends up a few red flags in this day and age!

The babies were wonderful on the plane - we even got multiple compliments from other passengers. Wade and Debbie did actually get automatically upgraded to 1st class, but they graciously traded their luxurious seats to sit in coach and help us out. Irma and her friend thought they'd hit the jackpot! The only major incident was when I was playing with Maryn and threw her up in the air and bonked her head on the overhead compartment. Apparently, babies don't like that very much. We looked like a circus crew getting out of the airport with all the babies and carseats and strollers and luggage...Wade had to rent a stretch Excursion to fit everything! Parker loved riding in the "lemonade" and the babies loved the overhead twinkle lights!

Mark and Joseph get here tomorrow. The girls are going shopping tomorrow afternoon, we have Jennie's fancy birthday dinner Thursday night, and then Jennie and I get to have an afternoon at the spa on Friday! Now that's a vacation! I've posted lots of random pictures (mainly for my parents). Enjoy!


Now I sort of know what it feels like to have twins!


Debbie and Parker


Up on the Grassy Knoll


I could just eat him alive when he scrunches up his nose!


Cousins sharing a hot dog, peas and carrots


Papa and Parker doing the daily watering


7 comments:

Granny said...

Thank you!! Poor Maryn. I am sure she recovered quickly, but I know you are still sad. Love the pictures. Know you are all having a blast and are readly for your men to arrive. I know one man for sure who is ready to be with you all. Keep us updated.

Granny said...

Looking at the pictures again (can't turn it off) Maryn and Ford look alike, could be twins. Boy, how much fun would that be!

Jennie-Marie said...

I love it! The same thing happened to me when I went to Annapolis this summer. I had no clue my license had expired in January, the bad part is they checked me in and never noticed, the "pre-security ticket checker" noticed it. So preggers got the pat down!!! Have a wonderful trip can't wait to hear more.

Anonymous said...

Cute pics, I am glad you are having a great time! Come home safe.
PS...I don't think that Granny likes having a grandson at all...hahahaha.

Shealy said...

I miss y'all so much! Come home! I don't like sharing at all :). Tell everyone I said hey. Love ya'll!

Darby said...

Ok, I've been anxiously awaiting the update! So glad to hear that y'all arrived safely! I bet you're having so much fun today at the spa!! What fun!!! I can't wait to see all the pictures when you return! Seattle is one of my very favorite places... despite all the rain!

Granny said...

I showed Jack & Mac the pictures and they said to tell you guys that they are ready for Ford to come home. They don't have anybody to knock over, nobody to throw food to them from the highchair and they like to lick his face better than mine(they said his was sweeter). They are being great, but I think a little bored.