Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Ahoy!


This is Joseph dressed for success for work today. They are closing all three bank branches at noon and having a Halloween party this afternoon! No wonder Joseph loves his job!

He's going to kill me for posting this, but I'll take my chances. Last night we had a run through of the costume to make sure we knew how to tie the ascot, etc., and he wanted to show my parents. He got one of my dad's cigars, filled up his crystal glass with Ford's apple juice, and he got lots of laughs. A little while later we were on the couch watching The Office on TBS and he kept saying he didn't feel right. He said the room was spinning and his stomach was a little queasy. I honestly didn't think much of it because I was really into The Office! Later that night when we were in bed trying to go to sleep he said he still didn't feel well, and then it hit him - he had gotten a buzz off of putting the unlit cigar in his mouth! I guess that's what happens when you're a non-smoker! I don't think he'll be doing that at work today! Wade - are you sure he's really your son?

9 comments:

Wilson's Winners said...

Love it!! Are yall going downtown tonight?

The Martin Family said...

No, we've been at the Pediatric Clinic this morning and Ford has an ear infection and croup! I think he just really didn't want to get back into his monkey suit! Y'all have fun...I know that little white tiger will be adorable!

yellowbritches said...

getting a buzz from an unlit cigar???? please don't tell anybody else! that's almost as bad as having an electric lawnmower! nice look though. Thurston Howell III better look out

The Reeds said...

Joseph looks so cute! I know he is going to love you posting the picture:) I want to see another one with a monkey hanging off of him... although I'd probably have better luck getting Bailey back in the Queen costume! I hope Ford feels better soon!

Shealy said...

Where was that outfit for the rehearsal dinner??? That would have been perfect!!

Anonymous said...

I'm with Shealy, dude...that is great. Does this mean that he is a "El Capiton" too? We could let Cad borrow this when he drives us around in the boat! Classic. Move over Elvis costume...this one beats all!

erika said...

HILARIOUS!!!!!! i love it!!

Dede said...

BOO! Happy Halloween! Thought this would be good time for Dede to ring in at long last. First and foremost - huge gratitude to you Sarah for creating this site, your writing all the time and posting the fun pictures. Makes it less SCARY for us to live so far away!! As far as costumes go - Joseph looks great, but hard to compare with Ford who steals the show, whether in a cute monkey suit or just a diaper!

Darby said...

Ok, this is the funniest picture I've ever seen on a blog. I love it!! Made me laugh outloud!! Thanks Joseph!