Tuesday, October 30, 2007

A Whirlwind of a Week



What a week we have had! My niece Maryn's birthday was Friday, so Ford and I went to Charlotte on Wednesday for the birthday party. It was the first time I've ever made the drive by myself, and I can't say it was the best time I've ever had - 6 long hours in the car, 5 of which Ford spent SCREAMING his head off! But it was definitely worth it! I love, love, love spending time with the Rays, and we had so much fun and many misadventures getting ready for the party. A cake so atrocious we had to throw it away, poop in the tub and the kitchen floor, and a quick shopping trip with enough Godiva to make you nauseous to name a few!

Maryn's party was Friday morning, and it was great to get to see all of their friends and friends' kids. I don't know how many kids were there, but it was A LOT!!! Jennie always throws beautiful parties, and this was no exception. I was videoing so I don't have any pictures on my camera, but I'm sure Jennie is working on a post so check out her blog!

We came home right after the party because all of my best friends from college were coming in town to stay with us for the Ole Miss game! Ford finally got to meet Abby, my friend Ashley's little girl, and she had no problem letting him know who was boss! Wes and Allyson got there too and we all went to a party at the Durham's on Friday night while my sweet parents babysat, and it was great to go out without kids!

We all went to Lenzie and Clay's tailgate the next day and had a mini Chi O reunion. Auburn won, I got to see my favorite people, and I got to eat nothing but brownies, cookies and candy bars all day - my perfect day!! Here are lots of pictures from the weekend!


Abby and Ford in the bathtub - they had a major splashing battle and Abby won!


All the girls - Allyson, Erika, Ashley, Lenzie, me and Allison


Ford, Abby, and Sawyer playing on the game board Clay made - they loved it! Walker, Ashley and Sawyer had to leave early because Sawyer wasn't feeling too well.


Ford crawled around with the orange cup for a good 20 minutes. I'm just going to stop packing toys and let him play with trash!

Ford loves to share his food - he let Abby have some goldfish (and she accidentally bit him!) and he gave Aubie his cookie! What a sweet boy!

10 comments:

erika said...

YEAH! PRECIOUS! LOVED seeing you and precious Ford and Joseph this weekend!!
XOXO
EZ

lindsay said...

I wish I could have been there SO bad!!

The Rays said...

Ford sharing his cookie with Aubie... adorable!! Thanks again for making the trip up here. We'll see how we fair during the ride on Saturday! Mary Sue suggested I get some ear plugs!!

Shealy said...

I am so glad that I got to hang out with y'all this weekend! I can't wait for Ford's birthday!! Love y'all!

The Nebrigs said...

Sarah, Ford is so precious!! It looks like you all had a great weekend.

Ashley said...

The Aubie/cookie picture is my favorite I think! SOOOOOOOOO STINKIN' CUTE!

Ashley Collins said...

I think Abby has a crush on Ford. She had so much fun this weekend along with her Mommy and Daddy. Thanks for being the best host!!! Can't wait to do it again.

Darby said...

I wish I could photoshop myself into that picture!! Looks like so much fun! And I know it was!! Can't wait 'til next year!!

DeLine Family said...

I just saw Maryn's pics too...SOOOO cute! Ah, poop in the tub - Hudson decided to have his first one the morning we were running late for a bday party ourselves...maybe the little stinkers just get too excited about parties! I'll have to be on the lookout at Hudson's party! :-)

yellowbritches said...

3 things
1. very comforting for a father to see that daughter and daughter-in-law are so close
2. great pics.
3. this has to do with the earlier post. nobody gave the proper recognition to what was obviously a watershed event. The police being called 3X! Now that is worthy of serious respect. My hat's off!