Monday, October 22, 2007

Halloween Come Early



What a weekend! Joseph went to New Orleans with all of his college buddies for the game (and yes, I know the game was in Baton Rouge), so Ford and I were on our own. My parents had a wedding party for my mom's best friend's daughter Saturday night, so Shealy and I helped her stuff tomatos and we ran errands. I LOVED hanging out with my sister. Clayton was hunting for the weekend, so Shealy was by herself, too. It hasn't been just us girls in way too long, and I needed a day with her!
The party Saturday night was fun - basically, everyone just got really dressed up to watch the game! It was so fun that the cops came THREE times for disturbing the peace! Apparently, my parents' neighbors go to bed at 8:30 on a Saturday night while the biggest game of the year is on and didn't appreciate us cheering on the Tigers. The cops all thought it was ridiculous and two of them stayed and watched the game for a little bit!
Ford had his first Halloween party on Sunday afternoon. I bought his monkey costume a month ago, and while it looked a bit warm, I just assumed by the time the end of October rolled around, the temperature would probably be at least in the 70's. NOT the case. The party was outside, and Ford DESPISED his costume. He was so hot. Needless to say, we didn't make it very long at the party. Joseph wasn't back yet, so I was there by myself with an unhappy child, and my fight or flight mode read flight! I stripped him down to his diaper, and we met up with my mom and sister and took pictures of him naked in a pumpkin patch. We're going to try again with the costume on Halloween, so hopefully we'll get some better pictures!
Two seconds after this picture was taken he dropped the pumpkin like a hot potato and had the worst look on his face! I'm guessing it didn't taste too good!
Side note...Blogging has brought me a new friend! Shortly after we got to the party on Sunday, a cute mom came up to me and said, "You look so familiar." Turns out she found our blog (we have a lot of mutual friends) and she's been reading! I had actually just looked at her blog about a week ago and thought she had the sweetest little girl (she's the white tiger in the picture). So from now on when Joseph makes fun of me for blogging, I can say I'm cultivating undiscovered friendships!

6 comments:

erika said...

ABSOLUTELY PRECIOUS!!!!! Nothing is sweeter then babies in costumes. Poor Ford, he was cute in his monkey suit... heat and all! And, WAR EAGLE anyway!! My poor Auburn Tigers, I wanted to cry Saturday night!
XOXO
e

Jennie-Marie said...

As a monkey or in a diaper he's still pretty darn cute! I do love the blog story.

Wilson's Winners said...

Hey new friend!!! Cute pictures - It was so great to talk to you yesterday...Check out our site b/c we have one or two of Ford during his meltdown mode in the slide show. Take care and hope to see yall soon!

Shealy said...

I'm so glad I got to hang out with you! It was fun to have a girls + Ford weekend! Love you!

Ashley Collins said...

Ford is the cutest Monkey I've ever seen. We can't wait to see ya'll this weekend!!!

Ashley said...

He is a little monkey! I sincerely hope the weather cools down before Ford's ol' mama makes him sweat it out in his cute costume! :) Sawyer will be in the same boat...He's going to be one hot chicken if the weather doesn't cool down!
I love the pumpkin pictures! And what a big group of cute kids Ford has to be friends with! THAT'S FUN!