Sunday, August 10, 2008

August 10th


Today is Luke's due date! This has been the day circled on the calendar for the past nine months...I never in a million years would have thought I'd have a 5 1/2 week old on this day! SURREAL! And as crazy as those first few weeks were, I wouldn't change a single thing! This little angel has almost seamlessly become a part of our family. I can't imagine life without him! Everytime I look at him I'm reminded at what a miracle he is and what a blessing.
He had his 1-month checkup on Thursday. He weighed 7-15 (if I hadn't changed a huge diaper right before he would have been over the 8 pound mark!) He's now 21 1/2 inches, so he's grown 3 inches and gained almost 3 pounds since his birthday! Pretty good for a little guy that only got IV fluid for the first 5 days of life! He really would have been a whopper if he had been born today! We love you, little Luke! And that includes your big brother, even if he doesn't always act like it:)

6 comments:

The Rays said...

hooray for luke!! what a good eater he is.

erinshelton said...

Sweetness! I just want to kiss all over him! I am so happy for you and continue to keep the Martins in our prayers. Hope to see you this fall!

Ashley said...

WHAT A CUTIE!!!!!!!!!!

The Reeds said...

Sweet Luke! I can't wait to hold him again. I need to start practicing, and it worked great last time (maybe the nap had nothing to do with it). haha!

wadebbie said...

Wow - we can hardly wait to hold him - only a little more than two weeks away - but not nearly soon enough. We miss you all - keep packin' on those lbs, Luke! Much love!

Stacy and John said...

how precious!!