Sunday, August 17, 2008

He Woke Up


Sadly, this is the best picture we have of the two of them together...Ford doesn't exactly love to hold his little brother!

Luke has officially "woken up", as so many people warned me he would around his due date! He's still an angel baby - he'd sit in his papasan seat ALL day if his mother wouldn't suffer massive amounts of guilt for letting him - but he's definitely joined the land of the living. He's up twice in the night, usually for about 45 minutes a time, but luckily I have a fantastic husband who takes on one of these feedings so I just have to get up and pump. We're all a little sleep deprived - I can't say with 100% certainty that I brushed my teeth on Friday, but it could be a lot worse! Speaking of pumping, I've sadly stopped nursing and am just pumping. Luke is what we call a "lazy nurser"...he'd nurse for an hour a time and then want to repeat the process an hour later. Not exactly conducive to keeping up with a toddler! I thought maybe it was just a growth spurt, but after a week of this, we had to reevaluate the situation! I was spending half of the day sitting on the couch with a child attached to me while trying to entertain Ford, and it just wasn't working for anybody (except maybe Luke!) So now I'm exclusively pumping, which actually isn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. Although everytime I turn it on, Ford yells "OFF" over and over again...but he's dealing!


Thanks Knox for letting me borrow all of your cute clothes! This is Mama's favorite!


And in a moment that will go down in Martin family history, Ford actually cleaned his plate for the first time ever on Saturday! He's finally decided to eat without fussing, screaming, cajoling, or bribery! It's amazing! I don't know how long it will last, but we're certainly enjoying it in the meantime!


He's also really gotten into trains and anything with wheels. Jennie got a bunch of Thomas stuff for him a few months ago, but we were saving it for when Luke came so he'd have something new to play with. He LOVES it! Although he can't quite understand why all his trucks can't fit on the track!
This is his new favorite spot - whenever Luke's not in it, he is!


And here they are together "playing" trains. Ford is actually very sweet with Luke, always patting him and giving him kisses, and he gets really upset if Luke is crying. And he's very good at sharing - the other day, Ford and I were sharing a cup of lemonade. He loves to drink out of real cups, so I just put a straw in everything and we're good to go. Well, I was flipping through a magazine, not paying 100% attention to the boys, and Ford took the cup over to Luke to "share" and dumped the entire contents on his sweet little head! Luke was shrieking, Ford ran and hid in his cabinet, and I couldn't stop laughing! Life with these two will never be dull!

8 comments:

The Galimore Family said...

It's still hard to get a picture of my 2 boys together:) Luke is so cute. Congrats to Ford for cleaning his whole plate too!

Ashley said...

Ford's looking so big in those pictures! WOW! Glad to hear the pumping is going good! Seems like nursing is ALL you do with a newborn, so I'm glad y'all are making it work! Whew! Sounds exhausting! Way to go, big Ford-man for cleaning his plate! I hope this will last for all those involved! Love you, Say!

Shealy said...

I definitely just laughed out loud picturing the lemonade dumpage! Hilarious! I do love those little boys!

The Nebrigs said...

the lemonade story was so funny!!! what a sweet boy for sharing.

The Rays said...

that is the funniest thing i've heard in a long time!! is it just me or does that next to last picture look like parker? two more weeks!! i'm sure we'll just add to the sleep deprivation when you're here.

The Muncies said...

I love all of these stories and memories!!! This is just the beginning for those sweet boys! And don't you feel a bit bad for pumping!!! You are so good to keep it up!

Amber said...

Reading your blog, I feel like I am seeing flashes of my own life in the very near future. YAY for Ford eating like a big boy, and little Luke letting his presence be known. The lemonade story was too funny! I love that Ford was hiding. It is amazing how they know when they have done something wrong, even at such a young age! I am glad that all of you are doing well. And YAY for you still nursing, even if it through pumping. Either way, he is getting his momma's milk that will make him big and strong! I hope it continues to go well.

yellowbritches said...

had to laugh about the lemonade incident and the hiding in the closet. have to admit that the pic of Ford cleaning his place looks exactly like Joseph in his high chair. not much longer for the visit!