Tuesday, March 30, 2010

almost there...

This baby is doing great! He's up to 5-14, and they were hoping to take his PIC-line out today, which is the last thing he's hooked up to. The dreaded lumbar puncture came back clear, so he's been off antibiotics for a few days. He's taking his feeds great, and although they won't say when he can come home, I really feel like we're almost there. Not for Easter like I had hoped, but maybe the first of next week. My sweet friend April came to the hospital today and it was so fun to get to share him with someone who loves him and has been praying for him. And it was nice to have someone to talk to...thank you, April! Jennie and the kids are coming tomorrow, so I'm hoping Jennie will get to see him maybe tomorrow night!
I do have two other handsome little men who haven't gotten much blog time, so I thought I'd share some pictures of them. These guys have kept me going through all of this...they are the sweetest, funniest, most precious boys around! We've been outside every chance we can get, meeting friends at the park or playing around the neighborhood.


Ford has been having nightmares for the past week and has ended up in bed with us a time or two...which is a time or two more than ever before! God just knows I need a cuddle bug to snuggle with. I'm hoping once life gets back to normal (whatever that will look like) he'll settle down.

This monkey is obsessed with sunglasses and much prefers mine over the ones we got for him at Target. He likes to sport the upside-down look and is as cute as they come!

And keeping it real, this is Ford pouting when we were leaving the park the other day. He wanted to throw rocks in the creek before we left, but Luke always ends up IN the creek, and I just didn't have the energy to deal with it. He's perfected that look, hasn't he?
I hope you all have a wonderful Easter! I can't believe God gave his son for me...that's all I can think of when I'm holding Duncan...the ultimate sacrifice. I was very sweetly told by my husband that we would be attending church on Sunday {even though I have nothing to wear} because God has blessed us beyond belief...so I'll suck up my vanity {and my stomach} and be there with bells on! Happy Easter! He has risen!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

I ADORE your precious heart and this post!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wish I could come hang out with you at the hospital! You are the most dear, precious person! I love those boys, and I'm so glad to hear little Duncan is making such progress!! Can't wait to hear he's coming home! In the mean time, hang in there, little mama! I'm sure it will be soon! Love you!

The Vaughns said...

SO glad to hear this good news!! Still pryaing for yall as I know this time is so hectic! Looking forward to seeing you Sunday!